Sox @ Royals, September 1, 2006 7:05 p.m.

MHizzle85

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan > Cotts

I think he should get the opportunity to prove that in the next couple of weeks, but I certainly don't know that what you posted is true quite yet. Remember how bad Logan was when he was in the majors earlier this season? Brutal. Worse than Cotts by a lot.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
I think he should get the opportunity to prove that in the next couple of weeks, but I certainly don't know that what you posted is true quite yet. Remember how bad Logan was when he was in the majors earlier this season? Brutal. Worse than Cotts by a lot.

Remember how bad Cotts was when he first made the majors?

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
Hate to say it but Skankees and Oakland look to be the head of the pack. They are playing very consistently. The Sox have not and WILL not go on that roll we've all been waiting for. It is clear that this team does not have the look of a champion. Post-season? Yeah, I think we will squeak in by default since Boston went on the DL and the Twins are short players also. But I believe we will make a quick exit. You can put that on the board.

The Phillies might have handed the AL pennant to the Yankees.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
I wish Boone would get a serious look and some opportunities to come into close games. But I think Ozzie is going to stick with his #1 lefty set up man. He's said as much. Cotts helped them in the championship season and I think that's about all Ozzie thinks about.

Close games?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Sweeney should be in left for prancer.

And AJ needs to be benched for the rest of the game. Put Stewart in.

Start pulling our guys who are half assing it.

That nickname is awesome.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
You know what's impressive: every decision Ozzie made about the starting lineup tonight didn't work out. Playing Pods, playing Mack, and playing Cintron. Well done skipper!

Be nice if he learned his lesson tonite, but i doubt it. I think after watching him trot Timo out there time and time again last year, when he was BRUTAL, says it all

The fact that Anderson is in this game, and is not resting is proof that our manager has no clue. If he was not going to start, its no reason to put him in in a 7 nothing dog.

Sweeney needs to get some reps in LF for prancer. Lets go Sweeney. Get into this game, start our O. Prancer and his .280OBP for the 2nd half is not going to do it.

Remember how bad Cotts was when he first made the majors?

Yes, and maybe Logan will eventually be better than Cotts, but I'd be surprised if he's better than Cotts this season. But given how bad Cotts has been recently, Logan deserves the chance to show if he can pitch better than Cotts.

Why is Pods still in this game. There is no reason that he is still in here. Then again he shouldnt of been in the the game the other night late when he was 0-3 with 3 Ks and he struck out so silly 2 times before with men on. Ozzies love of the leadoff hitter is almost as bad as his love of Timo.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
If the Sox fall short this season, we will hear about numerous pitchers pitching around injuries. That's a given. What won't be explained is why the Sox didn't use McCarthy if these guys were hurt.

Agree on both points.

I'll add that even if the starters were 100% healthy, some deserved to lose their spot to McCarthy based on performance alone.