Sox @ Royals, September 1, 2006 7:05 p.m.

MHizzle85

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
The night gets even better, as Ozzie said Sweeney wasn't brought up to play LF for the Sox. He might get a start or two in CF this season.

So wait, with some guys it's alright to go ahead and see what we've got, but we can't do the same for the guy who should be taking over in left for a piece of poop?

a lil more fuel for the fire

"Actually Pods' one good month has kept him from being the worst everyday player in the AL

Month by month: AVG/OBP/SLG/K/BB

April: .233/.281/.311/11/5

May:.318/.443/.494/16/20

June: .245/.318/.362/22/11

July: .287/.330/.394/21/9

August: .217/.284/.250/21/9 AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL" - santo=dorf WSI

"*Of ..1 hitters with at least 300ABs*

-24th in the Bigs in OBP. Bad.

-Tied for 11th in Walks. Not Good.

-Worst stolen base percentage Bad.

-26th in Batting Average. Bad.

-..3 in Errors among LFs (and ..1 in the AL). Bad.

So, if you're the defending World Champs and you've got a 1 hitter who can't get on base, doesn't walk much, can't hit, gets caught 40% of the time when attempts to steal, and defensively does more to hurt than he does offensively to help... Can you see why there's a "ditch em" mentality?" - drewcifer WSI

gotta give credit where credit is due.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
Our 1-2 are just such tough outs.

IMO, their the main reason the offense has struggled since the AS break......After the AS break Pods is hitting a ROBUST .224, w/ a stellar .287 obp. While Tad has been better, he's been far from good, he's hitting only .265 w/ a .332 obp.......And with Juan 's horrible OBP in the 8th hole, coupled w/ BA's inexperience = NOT MANY BASERUNNERS FOR OUR 3-4-5 hitters

Edited by CYGarland

At the beginning of this season or perhaps even during last season, I compared Ozzie Guillen to Dusty Baker in the way they handle young talent, I was met reather unpolitely by a few posters on here. I do believe Ozzie has proven himself to be a HORRIBLE manager of young players, I'm currently waiting for my f***ing apologies.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
IMO, their the main reason the offense has struggled since the AS break......After the AS break Pods is hitting a ROBUST .224, w/ a stellar .287 obp. While Tad has been better, he's been far from good, he's hitting only .265 w/ a .332 obp.....

better not make any changes - they could turn it around at any second! :bang

iguchi has definetly played, "not quite as well as usual" since the all star break, with the exception of some clutch HR's and base hits. However I have to think hitting behind a hitter as inept as pods has been for most of the year and especially the last 2 months can't be easy. Pods constantly doesn't give iguchi any help as far as giving the pitcher anything to worry about at first or gives the pitcher confidence of an out already. Finally since pods is poop, iguchi might be feeling more pressure than usualy to get on for the big boys.

So yes fathom our 1-2 hitters are sucking lately, but remember its mostly pods fault.

GLOAD PLEASE

or mack, or sweeney, or even ozuna. hell even cintron.

Iguchi is hitting in one of the easiest spots in all of baseball. Not many other guys have the protection he has. Especially since Pods isn't getting on base, he's not having to sacrifice his at-bats a lot. Iguchi's numbers aren't terrible, but he's been very inconsistent. He has a ton of 3 hit games this year, and that's boosted his batting average up to the .280 area all year.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
better not make any changes - they could turn it around at any second! :bang

I've been waiting for this team to turn it around all season! I've gotten to the point where I just hope they get into the playoffs, but I'm not counting on it.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
Iguchi is hitting in one of the easiest spots in all of baseball. Not many other guys have the protection he has. Especially since Pods isn't getting on base, he's not having to sacrifice his at-bats a lot. Iguchi's numbers aren't terrible, but he's been very inconsistent. He has a ton of 3 hit games this year, and that's boosted his batting average up to the .280 area all year.

Yes you are correct. I'll give you those points. I still think that pods sucking so much this year is still having an adverse effect on gooch because its been much different situations this year than last for him. Plus there's ALOT of pressure when pods continues not to get on first and makes an out.