question for those in chicago

Spiff

Holy s*** that's funny. My boss' brother from Berwyn used to be a hobo that frequently stayed there. They still let them in?

As far as I know, as long as you are complete homeless trash the Lagrange YMCA is there with open arms

If you ask me it depend on where you want to stay. You can usually find the best rates around OHare airport, but my advice would be to use the travel sites, then take the lowest rates and call that hotel directly to see if they will offer you better, it usually works because then they can make a little more off of you because they don't have to give a cut to a middle man.

thanks for the suggestions, i'll tell you how i made out when i get back

Remember the YMCA in Lagrange...the stench might be a little stale, but the hobo's love to give newcomers first dibs on the shower :o

we wound up staying in the best western on e ohio. it was right in the middle of everything, it was cool. went to three sox games, toured the navy pier, ate at the espn zone (in the recliners :headbang ) and the rock and roll mcdonald's, and met pedro and david ortiz downtown randomly.

chicago is a cool city, and we made the most of our 50 or so hours.

we wound up staying in the best western on e ohio. it was right in the middle of everything, it was cool. went to three sox games, toured the navy pier, ate at the espn zone (in the recliners :headbang ) and the rock and roll mcdonald's, and met pedro and david ortiz downtown randomly.

It is hard to see Chicago in 50 hours, but you did some cool stuff!

yeh we really didn't get out of the general area from the hotel out to the pier, and as far south as the miracle mile, which the exception of the cell which we took the DR express to.

it was a little intimidating at first but it didnt take long to figure out which people were going to ask you for money, how the transit cards work, when to ignore the don't walk signs etc. it was easy to get used to the flow of the city.

when to ignore the don't walk signs

I have ignored those for 35 years. I just consider those to be a suggestion, not an order. Kinda like a yellow light or a stop sign.

yeh we really didn't get out of the general area from the hotel out to the pier, and as far south as the miracle mile, which the exception of the cell which we took the DR express to.

it was a little intimidating at first but it didnt take long to figure out which people were going to ask you for money, how the transit cards work, when to ignore the don't walk signs etc. it was easy to get used to the flow of the city.

and to watch out for the damned Taxi drivers (I hate them soooo much :angry: )

I have ignored those for 35 years. I just consider those to be a suggestion, not an order. Kinda like a yellow light or a stop sign.

one guy blatantly ignored a dont walk sign yesterday without looking, and got hit by a bmw right in front of me.

the taxi drivers didnt get me so much, but they seem to not see pedestrians at all.