Post-game curse-a-thon

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
my ideal lineup right now would be

ozuna-lf

iguchi-2b

dye-rf

konerko-1b

crede-3b

gload-dh

pierzynski-c

uribe-ss

anderson-cf

I have no confidence in pods to do anything good right now, I'm not convinced that Thome is healthy enough to play right now, and I take ozuna over mackowiak

in Yoda voice, "i sense much misread fly balls in left field."

PFB JUST GOT OWNED BY A DOCTOR ON THE POSTGAME SHOW.

Caller: Contreras has an injured back and he's dropping down because it's less painful on his lower back.

PFB: I imagine dropping down causes more pain on his back than throwing over-the-top.

Caller: NOPE. NOPE.

PFB: What? What are you, a doctor?

Caller: Yes, actually I am. Throwing over-the-top causes more torque on the lower back than dropping down.

EDIT: I think the caller's name was Ron.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
AJP or Pods?

Speaking of AJP, I was watching the Royals broadcast, and after he fouled off the 0-1 pitch from Burgos, he yelled "f***" so loud that the on field mic picked it up. It was funny hearing the Royals announcers be quiet and having a dead silence after AJ introduced a few hundred thousand TV viewers to the f bomb.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)

Caller: Contreras has an injured back and he's dropping down because it relieves tension on his lower back.

PFB: I imagine dropping down causes more pain on his back than throwing over-the-top.

Caller: Yes, actually I am. Throwing over-the-top causes more torque on the lower back than dropping down.

LOL

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)

Caller: Contreras has an injured back and he's dropping down because it relieves tension on his lower back.

Owned/demolished/pwned/destroyed/etc.

Damn.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
Record in our division. Last year we beat the living crap out of our division. This year, we are barely above 500.

We are barely above 500 against the royals for the love of god.

and everyone called me crazy for saying the Royals are a formidable ball club. heh.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)
One of Rongey's old high school teachers has to call him up now and say how great he is. Rongey needs to get his confidence back.

hey the sonuvab**** has given me some $50 gift certificates before so hes ok in my book!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Since the ASB, how many games better are the Sox than the Royals?

Someone needs to ask Ozzie in the postgame.,

Ozzie what exactly are you resting your starters for, Venezuelean winter league?

QUOTE(Dan @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
hey the sonuvab**** has given me some $50 gift certificates before so hes ok in my book!

That means you either puzzled him with a question, or you agreed with him.

Its his distraction for someone asking him a question that he doesnt want to answer. Or its a reward for agreeing with him.

Point on, some caller just asked why Mack is out in CF, PFB gave him the Skype caller of the show, and then want on another tangent that wasnt part of the original question.

I think he studies Tai Chi, because he loves to misdirect direct action.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Someone needs to ask Ozzie in the postgame.,

Ozzie what exactly are you resting your starters for, Venezuelean winter league?

That means you either puzzled him with a question, or you agreed with him.

Its his distraction for someone asking him a question that he doesnt want to answer. Or its a reward for agreeing with him.

Point on, some caller just asked why Mack is out in CF, PFB gave him the Skype caller of the show, and then want on another tangent that wasnt part of the original question.

I think he studies Tai Chi, because he loves to misdirect direct action.

actually i just sounded smarter than him and probably should have his job.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Thome needs to sit for about a week and Contreras needs to go on the DL because we'll need both of them healthy if we want to repeat.

shoot, you get banned from WSI again?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Someone calls ups and says that Pods lost some steps. PFB says no, its not that its that he doesnt get on base.

PFB do you even watch the games.

ok im lost wtf is PFB

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Someone calls ups and says that Pods lost some steps. PFB says no, its not that its that he doesnt get on base.

PFB do you even watch the games.

I do believe he has a script to read from. He just repeats the same crapola after every game regardless of the outcome. He's a Craftsman product of the finest quality.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
I do believe he has a script to read from. He just repeats the same crapola after every game regardless of the outcome. He's a Craftsman product of the finest quality.

Steff Brian Dolgin was a homer, but this guy takes the cake.