Are you In or Out

BigSqwert

Come on guys! We still have a half game lead in the wild card. Detroit is not a very good team. They will fall because Kenny Rogers is a bad second half pitcher and Verlander has never pitched more than 130 innings. Our team just hasn't hit their stride yet. Wait till we do! Once we get a good outing from a starting pitcher the rest of them will feed off each other. Actually I think they might have just turned the corner. Jose only gave up 2 ER last night. That's a quality start. The bullpen should start improving soon too. Cotts probably has hit rock bottom so there's only 1 way to go from there, up.

I also think the Pods will start to turn things around here soon. Once he starts getting on base he will wreak havoc with his speed and set the table for our other hitters. I am sure Greg Walker is working really closely with the hitters to make sure they get out of this funk where they pull all the time. Once he gets that straightened out watch out!

Now I know Ozzie hasn't fielded the best defensive lineups out there this year but how can you question him? He won us a World Series last year for crying out loud! He knows what it will take this year to get another title. Offense is more important this year than defense. Let Ozzie be Ozzie.

Grab the Rally Crede because we're winning it all again!!!

Lets go Sox!!

QUOTE(Al Lopez @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 10:11 AM)
In for the wild card; Minny's pitching is in shambles, except for Cy Santana.

That fact only adds to my frustration at the Sox's inability to put any distance between themselves and Minnesota.

If and when they get Liriano back, that makes them more dangerous, and if the Sox haven't put any space between themselves and the Twinks, I'm not very optimistic about the Wild Card.

I'm not "out", but I can't go "all in", either.

The Sox are not playing like a team desperate to get to the postseason.

Pessimistically hopeful is the way I'd have to put it right now.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
Come on guys! We still have a half game lead in the wild card. Detroit is not a very good team. They will fall because Kenny Rogers is a bad second half pitcher and Verlander has never pitched more than 130 innings. Our team just hasn't hit their stride yet. Wait till we do! Once we get a good outing from a starting pitcher the rest of them will feed off each other. Actually I think they might have just turned the corner. Jose only gave up 2 ER last night. That's a quality start. The bullpen should start improving soon too. Cotts probably has hit rock bottom so there's only 1 way to go from there, up.

I also think the Pods will start to turn things around here soon. Once he starts getting on base he will wreak havoc with his speed and set the table for our other hitters. I am sure Greg Walker is working really closely with the hitters to make sure they get out of this funk where they pull all the time. Once he gets that straightened out watch out!

Now I know Ozzie hasn't fielded the best defensive lineups out there this year but how can you question him? He won us a World Series last year for crying out loud! He knows what it will take this year to get another title. Offense is more important this year than defense. Let Ozzie be Ozzie.

Grab the Rally Crede because we're winning it all again!!!

Lets go Sox!!

Exactly. Don't stop believin'.

Guillen won't allow this team to go into a funk. Players love him because he continually keeps them lose and ready to play.

His lineups, which rarely feature all regulars, are used because our bench is so deep. Allowing players extended rest worked last year. Why couldn't it again? Managing from ones "gut" is definitely an underrated managerial move. It allows oneself never to be questioned. When someone asks, "why'd you do that particular move," all Guillen has to do is hoist his World Series ring and immediately the interviewer will nod his head in approval.

Honestly, I'd take our team over anyones in October. Playoff experience is overrated -- expect when used to benefit an argument concerning our team -- then it isn't. These guys know how it is to win it all, and will show their hunger down the stretch. If anyone doesn't believe so, leave now and quit wasting our time!!

Edited by Flash Tizzle

In balls deep.

Hopefully the O will stop the pull and lift crap, our pitching stops giving up 7 or more runs, and our insane coach starts the starters once in a while.

This shouldnt even be close. We should be leading this thing already, and planing our rotation for the playoffs. But Mack in CF, Pods in the leadoff, f***.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Exactly. Don't stop believin'.

Guillen won't allow this team to go into a funk. Players love him because he continually keeps them lose and ready to play.

His lineups, which rarely feature all regulars, are used because our bench is so deep. Allowing players extended rest worked last year. Why couldn't it again? Managing from ones "gut" is definitely an underrated managerial move. It allows oneself never to be questioned. When someone asks, "why'd you do that particular move," all Guillen has to do is hoist his World Series ring and immediately the interviewer will nod his head in approval.

Honestly, I'd take our team over anyones in October. Playoff experience is overrated -- expect when used to benefit an argument concerning our team -- then it isn't. These guys know how it is to win it all, and will show their hunger down the stretch. If anyone doesn't believe so, leave now and quit wasting our time!!

You might be the only one who sensed my overly-sarcastic original post.