White Sox vs. Royals Game 2........

letsgoarow

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
When was the last time Hawk said Ozzie won't let happen what is actually happening?

Never....this team is close to being done with. Our players look fatigued, and we're not doing anything to generate any excitement. Anderson's inability to catch that ball might cost us this game.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
Kelly had a lot to do with the Twins success after he left. They didn't like the fact that he made them take infield and run drills after games they lost and lost because of stupid plays. He taught them how to play the game the right way.

Tom Kelly also found a cure for the common cold.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
No offense to anyone, but can we actually discuss the game and stop with the Ozzie pro/con right now. If we don't improve, there's 28 more games until we can talk about this 24/7.

Taking the attention away from what is going on in KC is good, I think.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
Tom Kelly also found a cure for the common cold.

I can't imagine how anyone can think Ozzie is doing a good job this season. That's my thoughts on him, end of story.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
I really thought Buehrle was back after his last start.

He's in the Garcia mode where I have no clue how he gets guys out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
I can't imagine how anyone can think Ozzie is doing a good job this season. That's my thoughts on him, end of story.

He's in the Garcia mode where I have no clue how he gets guys out.

Look at the starters' ERA. (Even) Tom Kelly couldn't win with this rotation.

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
3 runs over 6 innings isn't a bad start - and should be PLENTY against Odalis Perez and the Royals.

The thing is, sometimes you need your starters to do more than that, and this Sox rotation (minus most of Garland's starts) hasn't put the team on their shoulders in a LONG time.

The offense has had to outslug what the rotation allows for two months now, and it's just not going to happen consistently for that long.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
The thing is, sometimes you need your starters to do more than that, and this Sox rotation (minus most of Garland's starts) hasn't put the team on their shoulders in a LONG time.

The offense has had to outslug what the rotation allows for two months now, and it's just not going to happen consistently for that long.

He did "more than that" in his last start. The offense needs to hold there weight and score sime runs against one of the worst pitching staffs in MLB.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
Look at the starters' ERA. (Even) Tom Kelly couldn't win with this rotation.

You're not counting the games lost because of Ozzie's decision to start Mack in center over BA, his poor bullpen usage (like bringing in Cotts and Riske before any one of his 4 better bullpen pitchers, his use of Politte), using the starters too long, Podsednik, and you're assuming TK wouldn't have used McCarthy in the rotation.

So despite the starters' ERAs, Ozzie has lost a number of games that could have been won had he managed better. I'm banking that the better manager, Tom Kelly, would not have made the same simple mistakes OG did, and thus the Sox would have more wins.

Edited by shoota