White Sox vs. Royals......Goin for the Series

letsgoarow

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Tony with the talent on this team, we should be destroying pitchers not named Santana right now. We beat ourselves more on O than anything right now.

Exactly.

The most recent choke job was that awful inning in game 1....what was it three errors? Made my stomach turn.

Come on Joe...earn your money.

b

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
f***ing Christ, quite a contrast in that inning.

Its real simple. With the pull and lift monkeys on our team, anyone that challenges the group of Rob Deers on our team over the plate are dumb. You just throw soft crap low and away or low and in, and they will get themselves out.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Keep trying to pull that stuff low-and-away, AJ. Don't even make the effort of going the opposite way.

Not only does this team stick the knife in you, they twist it slow and painfully. Your 2006 Chicago White Sox!

Thank you, I'm going to update my sig

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
You can't run Jenks and Thorton out there every day. He had to use Cotts, Riske and Politte.

There's really no proof that McCarthy would have been any better than anyone else. It isn't like he's Liriano. I'm a big fan of McCarthy, but he's still an unproven commodity, as a starter. It's not exactly like he played his way into the rotation during the first half. It's not like his stuff is so great that it's a no brainer. Ozzie pitched the guys that have been available to him and they've failed.

It's not that I was suggesting OG pitch Jenks, Thornton and BMac every day, but that OG doesn't understand when to use his best relievers. For instance, the recent game the Sox lost when the first two pitchers he brings out in a close game were Cotts and Riske.

OG has misused his long reliever all season. Jerry Manuel did an excellent job with Sean Lowe, his long man in 2000. That's how BMac should have been used out of the bullpen if OG wasn't going to start him.

______

We'll never know if McCarthy would have pitched better than any one of the Sox starters, but it's still a mistake for not trying. Since everyone knows the starters have been very bad, it's foolish not to try to fix the problem with an in-house pitcher who was a dominant starter in limited time the season before.