letsgoarow

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
I still remember people calling me crazy when I said we needed to upgrade our offense at the trade deadline more than we needed to upgrade our pitching. There's only so much you can to do upgrade pitching, but there are a lot of offensive options that we could have looked into.

Don't forget about the possibility to trade for Bobby Abreu or Alfonso Soriano, but a majority of posters were convinced that we were fine with Podsednik in left field.....

If our guys tried hitting like G-Load does, we might actually be beating all these pitchers with 5+ era's we've been facing lately. Its just sad and frustrating, but since its been happening so long now I've just lost hope that our approach is going to change. Its amazing the how lucky we are that the twins are in such trouble with injuries.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
My grandma could have managed last year's team to a good record. Last year, he was more concerned with putting the best defense on the field. This year, it's opposite. Last year, he managed according to his gut. This year, he's all about match-ups.

He's always been all about match ups. Come on. It's simple. The pitcher's aren't making big pitches in key situations. The only thing that's really Ozzie's fault is playing Mac. Everything else is the fault of the guys on the field. They suck right now.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Don't forget about the possibility to trade for Bobby Abreu or Alfonso Soriano, but a majority of posters were convinced that we were fine with Podsednik in left field.....

No, I think a majority of posters thought that unless our pitching staff grew a collective pair, that it wouldn't matter if Shoeless Joe was our LFer.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
2 out of 3 to the Yanks in Yankee stadium.

We however have had 6 games against the worst 2 teams in the AL. And we are going to split them. f***ing pathetic.

We're fortunate Minnesota lost 2 of 3 to Kansas City, and now had to play the Yankees.

Our guys have to wake up, they've been sleeping since the Boston series.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
Ozzie managed the same way last year. This year the pitching, for the most part, sucks. All of the adjustments in the world aren't going to change that.

Some believe McCarthy would have pitched better than at least one of the starters. So that's one adjustment Ozzie could have made that would have improved this year's pitching.

I understand your point that there's nothing Ozzie could do to improve the performances of his starters, but he could have made adjustments to other facets of the team that would have lead to more victories: starting BA in center more often, Mack in LF, and his poor use of the bullpen and Cotts, Riske and Politte.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
2 out of 3 to the Yanks in Yankee stadium.

We however have had 6 games against the worst 2 teams in the AL. And we are going to split them. f***ing pathetic.

And we had to have gifts in all three games to eventually win them.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
If our guys tried hitting like G-Load does, we might actually be beating all these pitchers with 5+ era's we've been facing lately. Its just sad and frustrating, but since its been happening so long now I've just lost hope that our approach is going to change. Its amazing the how lucky we are that the twins are in such trouble with injuries.

AJ before he got to the sox was a spray hitter. When he was win the Twinks how many times did he beat the sox with a poke to left. But shockingly last year, his first year with the sox his power numbers went up.

You come to the sox, you become a pull hitter. Figure out why. Small park and a coaching staff that believes in lift and pull.

QUOTE(shoota @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
I understand your point that there's nothing Ozzie could do to improve the performances of his starters, but he could have made adjustments to other facets of the team that would have lead to more victories: starting BA in center more often, Mack in LF, and his poor use of the bullpen and Cotts, Riske and Politte.

I disagree. Ozzie's reluctance to ever pull a starter early has done nothing to help the fatigue from last year's inning toll and the fatigue they've had this season. It's amazing how bad the starters have been considering there's only been one DL stint between all of them this year.