Pitching Matchups for Boston series

aboz56

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Right now, there are very few teams with less motivation than the White Sox appear to have right now. Teams like K.C. and Tampa are trying to play spoiler, teams like Minnesota and Detroit are pushing for the finish. Boston has even less motivation than the White Sox right now.

If Ortiz returns tomorrow, the Red Sox will have all the momentum.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Right now, there are very few teams with less motivation than the White Sox appear to have right now. Teams like K.C. and Tampa are trying to play spoiler, teams like Minnesota and Detroit are pushing for the finish. Boston has even less motivation than the White Sox right now.

you do realize the twins lost 2 of 3 against KC as well. And Detroit has been struggling for awhile now. The only playoff teams that have been acting like they are playoff teams are Oakland and NY.

All these chuckleheads from Boston have to do, and I am sure its been grilled into their heads, is throw low and away until you get 2 strikes, then boune one into the opposing batting box.

When Konerko stops pulling every pitch no matter how far low and away it is.

When Pods is on the bench, and someone else is playing in LF.

When BA is our centerfielder and not a platoon mate with a butcher.

When we bring back Hrniak to chat with Uribe so we can get him to ditch Profundo, and start squaring the ball up.

When we get AJ to hit to all fields again.

These are when I start saying that we have an advantage offensively in a series. But until then, any crappy pitcher with an 8 ERA might as well be Cy Young. Because Freddy Kruegar might 2 hit us with the way we have been pulling and lifting lately.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
• Monday: White Sox (RHP Jon Garland, 16-4, 4.47) at Red Sox (RHP Julian Tavarez, 2-4, 4.90), 6:05 p.m. CT

• Tuesday: White Sox (RHP Javier Vazquez, 11-8, 4.98) at Red Sox (LHP Kason Gabbard, 0-3, 6.35), 6:05 p.m. CT

• Wednesday: White Sox (RHP Jose Contreras, 11-7, 4.23) at Red Sox (RHP Kyle Snyder, 4-3, 5.94), 6:05 p.m. CT

Wow. Great pitching for Boston.

And just watch us get swept. Boston is in some bad shape, but the Sox just split 6 games between the Royals and Drays. We aren't exactly a world beater nor do I consider us a very good team.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
He used to pitch for Kansas City, but no I don't recall him ever being in our system.

I think he's thinking of Jon Snyder who we dealt to the Brewers along with Navvaro in the Jose Valentin deal.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
And just watch us get swept. Boston is in some bad shape, but the Sox just split 6 games between the Royals and Drays. We aren't exactly a world beater nor do I consider us a very good team.

I think he's thinking of Jon Snyder who we dealt to the Brewers along with Navvaro in the Jose Valentin deal.

Without Ortiz and Ramirez, the lineups of both K.C. and Tampa Bay scare me more than that of Boston.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Without Ortiz and Ramirez, the lineups of both K.C. and Tampa Bay scare me more than that of Boston.

Yeah Boston have just been absolutely brutal lately trying to score runs.

That said, if our guys come into this series with the mentality "Oh we'll sweep em", we'll lose this series.

Coming into the KC series I was worried about the sox. KC had just beaten Minny 2 of 3 in Minnesota, where the twins have the best home record in baseball. I'd be very, very surprised if the sox don't win at least 2 of 3 vs Boston

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 03:47 AM)
When Konerko stops pulling every pitch no matter how far low and away it is.

When Pods is on the bench, and someone else is playing in LF.

When BA is our centerfielder and not a platoon mate with a butcher.

When we bring back Hrniak to chat with Uribe so we can get him to ditch Profundo, and start squaring the ball up.

When we get AJ to hit to all fields again.

The game I watched on Sunday, the first four of your list happened [except Hriniak wasn't seen, but the Uribe who doubled hit the ball square].

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
Didn't we struggle against a bunch of crappy pitchers this past week? How will this be any different?

EXACTLY!!!! I'm sick and tired of people talking about us sweeping the bad teams and cleaning up on no-name pitchers, that time and time again own us. No one here should be expressing confidence in anything. I still give us a better chance of sweeping NYY, or NYM than Tampa, KC, or a depleted Boston. We simply play like garbage when we are supposed to romp, and rise only when challenged (on paper)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 03:23 AM)
Yeah Boston have just been absolutely brutal lately trying to score runs.

That said, if our guys come into this series with the mentality "Oh we'll sweep em", we'll lose this series.

Even without that line of thinking, it could very well be bad times.

Ian Browne, of Boston.RedSox.MLB.com, reports Boston Red Sox OF Manny Ramirez (knee) could return Monday, Sept. 4, after close friend on the Red Sox, RP Julian Tavarez, said he would be back. "He will play tomorrow," said Tavarez. "He'll be playing tomorrow in the field. I guarantee you he will. He'll be in left field tomorrow." Manager Terry Francona didn't confirm the report but said there is a chance he will be back. Ramirez has not been speaking to the media since March 1.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
"Someone else" isn't all that much better if better at all.

You keep saying this without any stats what so ever to back this up. Pods has been absolutely brutal since the allstar break. Yet you ignore that, for whatever reason and think that guys with much higher OBP and better D are not gong to be better. Outside of your "gut" feeling, what statistical facts do you have to prove your assumption that Pods's replacement isnt much better.