Sox Lose Series to KC 9/3/06

Texsox

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
While Ozzie is not a great manager, I would like to make a list of players I would like to see wearing different uniforms next year.

1) Pods

2) Freddy Garcia

3) Juan Uribe

4) Neil Cotts

5) Javy Vazquez

*** Joey Cora would be #3 except he does not count as a player.

Surprisingly, I want Javy back. He's shown me enough in the last month that I think he could rebound next year. I don't want Uribe and Cotts gone, either. Pods and Garcia? See ya!

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
They gave up almost nothing for them either. Abreu in LF makes our team x1000 better.

The Yanks and A's might as well start printing out their ALCS tickets. Those teams are on a completely different level than everyone else in the AL right now.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
3-3 vs 2 awful teams. Pathetic.

After our pathetic loss to Tampa Bay, there were some here who thought it was ok because we would then sweep the Royals. I would just like to suggest that after our next pathetic series, no one should say it's OK "because we'll beat team X next series." Never assume the Sox can beat Team X.

By my count we're 14-11 against Tampa & KC. Compare that to 14-3 by the Tigers and 13-6 by the Twins, and these will be the games we look when we're sitting home for the playoffs.

If Thome doesn't hit that 2-run home run drawing the Sox to within one run, I don't think Freddy starts the bottom half of the inning. I think OG sent him out to get the win instead of playing for the team's win.

OG is playing favorites at the expense of the team's good in September during a pennant race.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
All of which make him a very valuable trade piece, btw. If Logan can come up behind him and do a decent job...Cotts can turn into something very useful next year.

Considering Cotts still has an ERA that's very misleading for how he's really pitched this year, I would definitely put him on the block this offseason.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
I can't blame Kenny for not having 30 Mil to play with. That is why the Yanks got Abreu. $$$$

I just can't bring myself to blame Kenny for this mess.

His inability to get us a backup outfielder who bats righty and can play LF or CF has been a real downfall for this team though. Also, I'm so disappointed that he got suckered in to trading for Vazquez. However, on the list of people in the organization to blame, he's not even in the top 10 right now. There's about 5 people you'll never hear me blame for any negative thing that happens this year, and they're Dye, Crede, Jenks, MacDougal, and Jerry Reinsdorf.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
Ozzie Guillen single handedly won the World Series last year, what the f*** have any of you ever done in the big leagues? Yeah? That's what I thought once you all get world series rings then you can talk.

My personal favorite argument is: if you know so much more than Ozzie, then why aren't you a MLB manager?

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
Lots of you folks out there should slow your McCarthy kool-aid consumption. He wasn't that impressive out there. Overall, this can't be put on Freddy. He pitched good enough to win. Sox just couldn't wake up the bats today.

I really love watching the kid pitch, but man, he just hasn't had any luck the last few games, and he hasn't been able to bail himself out either. That slow roller to Uribe that no one could get? That was just painful to watch on a very good pitch.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
Ozzie Guillen single handedly won the World Series last year, what the f*** have any of you ever done in the big leagues? Yeah? That's what I thought once you all get world series rings then you can talk.

:headbang

That is why I didn't even peek in the game thread the last inning or so.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
I really love watching the kid pitch, but man, he just hasn't had any luck the last few games, and he hasn't been able to bail himself out either. That slow roller to Uribe that no one could get? That was just painful to watch on a very good pitch.

Uribe was playing farther back for Bako than he does Vlad, and I'm 100 pct serious.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
:headbang

That is why I didn't even peek in the game thread the last inning or so.

FYI, that was sarcasm.