justin morneau's great quote

shawnhillegas

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
For everyone that b****es about the starters pitching too much (and there is a good case here...) ask yourself why... it's because the pen's not much better. Our pitching all the way around is the problem, and we're just trying to get through games right now.

The good news is, so is everyone else.

The back end of the bullpen is about as good as you'll find anywhere around baseball. Our sp's minus Jon Garland right now should be 6 inning pitchers and that's it. For the most part Mac, Matt and Bobby will shut anyone down.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
The back end of the bullpen is about as good as you'll find anywhere around baseball. Our sp's minus Jon Garland right now should be 6 inning pitchers and that's it. For the most part Mac, Matt and Bobby will shut anyone down.

at first i thought you meant bmac, and was about to question you, :lol:

it's because the pen's not much better. Our pitching all the way around is the problem, and we're just trying to get through games right now.

Don't say this on that other thread. I was buried for saying our bullpen sucks

except for Bobby.

Thornton costs us one game against the Twins last week; Mac Dougal the

other, but they are great ya know.

Part of being the Champs is having a bullseye on your back. The Twins/Sox rivalry is better then the Twins/Tigers. He doesnt want their bigger rival and reighning world champs to get in. Big Deal. It might not be the best thing to say to the media but the guy is being honest, he must really not like the White Sox, oh well, I think I will still be able to sleep at night. I think its being a little too far read into though. You guys complaining about my last post make it sounds like what he is saying is that he would rather have just the Tigers get in then the Sox and the Twins which doesnt make anysense. Its more of a if he had his choice he would want us out. Reversing the situation, I would want the Tigers in instead of them, Im sure most other people would too.

"I just want to win," he said. Also, thats the first quote of what he said. Then its chopped up to make it sound worse. What people are assuming he was saying simply would not be said. DOes anyone have this whole interview. I would like to see him quoted saying he would rather have us out then them in. He is just saying he would rather have the Tigers in then us, and who really cares about that. It should spark our players but its not that bad.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Don't say this on that other thread. I was buried for saying our bullpen sucks

except for Bobby.

Thornton costs us one game against the Twins last week; Mac Dougal the

other, but they are great ya know.

Dude, the bullpen is awesome. It's not their fault they are put in positions to fail.

They are human. They will have ERAs higher than 0. Due to this, they will give up runs, and in some cases, they will give up runs in less than desireable times.

The bullpen LOOKS bad because the starting pitching IS bad. Period.