The Tigers are giving this race away but no takers.

brijames

It really is demoralizing. They are folding.

It is (was) there for the taking.

Can you imagine if we swept the Royals like we should have and Tampa Bay?

We'd be motoring.

Now we have to face facts; we're not gonna sweep Boston and some of the good teams

we have to still face.

Demoralizing like you say.

We are a baseball retarded, that is all that needs to be said.

Our manager is worried more about getting his relative wins instead of the team. He is worried more about being stubborn and keeping a guy who doesnt want to play CF in centerfield because he trusts him. And our offense thinks that this is the softball beer league where the pull and lift works. Sprinkle some Joey Cora and that recipe adds up to below 500 baseball since the allstar break. We are not a very good team right now.

If we tank out and dont make the playoffs, I hope someone gets Ozzie so upset that he implodes says something stupid and we can fire him and hire someone who has a clue.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
Fixed. That's the only reason they're not atleast 5 games up on us.

Agreed, agreed, 100% agreed

I should also add that losing those two hasn't stopped them from pwning the Sox.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
I watched the whole game tonight. I understand that team is going through some tough health issues, but that lineup is awful. I dont understand how the have done what they have done.

The same way a team with Carl Everett in the 3 spot won 99 games last year.

Pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching.

I'm sorry, is this the same Ozzie Guillen that won the World Series with this Sox team last year? The same one that is the first latin manager to win the WS?

Ease up on the boys...this is a team that plays UP or DOWN to it's foes. They will play better when backed up to a wall...book it.

The problem with Detroit's offense is that due to the low OBP of most of our hitters, we rely solely on stringing hits together to score runs, now when you have a couple injuries and a couple guys slumping at the same time, suddenly you have a very, very hard time strining hits together...

Fortunately our pitching has been insane all season, despite the predictions it would collapse.

Still, if we don't get hitting better I would expect to finish in 2nd place. (I think Minnesota is about done or I'd say 3rd...)

QUOTE(loltrain @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
The problem with Detroit's offense is that due to the low OBP of most of our hitters, we rely solely on stringing hits together to score runs, now when you have a couple injuries and a couple guys slumping at the same time, suddenly you have a very, very hard time strining hits together...

Fortunately our pitching has been insane all season, despite the predictions it would collapse.

Still, if we don't get hitting better I would expect to finish in 2nd place. (I think Minnesota is about done or I'd say 3rd...)

The 4 game set vs Minny will tell the story.

I remember thinking last year that I just didn't want to go into the playoffs with the momentum we had about this time last year. The the Sox turned it on and shut down the Indians. The rest is history. The same will happen this year. MN just doesn't have the pitching to finish strong. The Sox are too good to fold that hard. We will make the playoffs and then it is anyones ball game.

Keep the faith.

Who has the inside edge on the AL Central? Here are the remaining schedules of the three contenders...

Detroit:

13 home - ave. win% of those teams - .462

11 away - ave. win% of those teams - .510

Last six games of the season...Tor, Tor, Tor, KC, KC, KC

Chicago:

11 home - ave. win% of those teams - .520

14 away - ave. win% of those teams - .540

Last six...@Clev, @Clev, @Clev, @Minn, @Minn, @Minn

Minnesota:

14 home - ave. win% of those teams - .534

12 away - ave. win% of those teams - .464

Last six...KC, KC, KC, ChiSox, ChiSox, ChiSox

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(brijames @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
This is amazing. The Tigers are 8-17 in their last 25 games. The Sox should have a 3 game lead right now.

Its sickening is what it is. I didnt think the Tigers would let up, and most predicted a slow-down on their part. But the pitching inconsistency hasnt gone away for the SOX and thats the difference. They just dont want it bad enough

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Its sickening is what it is. I didnt think the Tigers would let up, and most predicted a slow-down on their part. But the pitching inconsistency hasnt gone away for the SOX and thats the difference. They just dont want it bad enough

The Tigers haven't "let up". Not by any stretch of the imagination. Watching just about any of their games, they battle just like they always have. Just because they aren't winning, doesn't mean they aren't trying.