Mr. Showtime

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
It's getting worse as this game goes on. We're not very funny to watch right now.

Oh, we're funny to watch. I'm sure other teams' fans love watching their pitchers throw to the outside corners all day and have our hitters still ground out on a weakly hit, pulled grounder.

BTW, I didn't know Boston re-acquired Pedro for tonight's game...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
Pauly pulls it, because that pretty much is all he can do.

Then AJ pulls it.

Now I have a question, if Julian Taverez can start a game, why cant Bmac.

Isn't he starting due to injuries?

Or is that the point being made?

So Hawk and DJ think we fans are so f'n dumb that we believe that the last 6-7 games with poor starting pitchers have all magically found it and pitched career games, and it has zero to do with the Sox approach at the plate? Because that's how they're sellin' it

I hate to pick on BA because he's been so solid this 2nd half, but all his swings there were dead pull, swing for the fences and all they did was tip their hats to Tavarez

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Oh, we're funny to watch. I'm sure other teams' fans love watching their pitchers throw to the outside corners all day and have our hitters still ground out on a weakly hit, pulled grounder.

BTW, I didn't know Boston re-acquired Pedro for tonight's game...

Every team is now pitching us this way. Throw low and away, bounces the occasional pitch in, and let the pull monkeys do the rest for you.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
AJP has to be the stupidest f***ing player in baseball. Had a good first half when not attempting to pull everything. Now he sucks. You would think any idiot can spot the differences in his approach.

One has to wonder what Greg Walker does on a daily basis.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
AJP has to be the stupidest f***ing player in baseball. Had a good first half when not attempting to pull everything. Now he sucks. You would think any idiot can spot the differences in his approach.

His pitch calling has been worse than his approach at the plate in the 2nd half of the season.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
I hate how this game has progressed.

With a scoreless game, I have this feeling Garland will make one mistake -- and end up losing.

How our offense has handled Tavarez is embarrassing.

We might as well start a pool about who will hit the solo homer in this game. My prediction is Hinske on a high changeup. :P

ph_coach_mugshot_walker.jpg

Walk Come on guys, dont let this little bump in the road stop you, stay the course. We are in the AL we need to hit home runs. Remember to clear your hips and to dip your back shoulder, and let the power do the rest. I think he cant keep up with the pinpoint control on the outside corner. He will eventually throw it over the middle.

Ross Gload "But Coach, we have had teams throw us low and away all 2nd half."

Walk "Shut up Gload, that is why you will never be a big home run hitter like our big boys, and that is why you sit on the bench, you pull baseball son or sit down"