Sept 4th Gamethread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
Post all your wacky thoughts and first guesses here.

Tigers beat Seattle 6-2.

Twins beat Tampa 2-1.

I have one whacky thought -- f***ING WIN.

We're often concerned about this team failing to play to the competition, or not showing urgency until they're behind several runs late. Well, all they have to do is look at the scoreboard and realize today is a must-win. Not that it decides the season either way, but any loss which pushes ourselves out of the wild-card lead and further from the division can't be looked upon as favorable.

Considering Boston's battered lineup and pitching, there should be no excuse for a letdown with Garland on the mound.

this may be the first time I ever mute Hawk and DJ. If they give Tavarez any credit for pitching a good game tonight it's off. He is bad. His ERA is 4.90, and that's with all relief appearances except one.

I love how RH's hit about 70 points better off of Tavarez than LH, yet there's Pods!!!

Nice approach guys. A piece of s*** pitcher K'd 3 guys.

Nice f***ing offense we have here now. Swing as hard as you can. I cannot wait till the day when they finally fire Walker, and hopefully this time we can actually go outside of this organization and get someone who can teach a line drive swing. Not the lift and pull crap we have seen here since 2000.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Nice swing Jermaine...

Meatball down the cock, missed.

So our strategy is to take first pitch fastball down the plate. Great approach, especially since Tavarez is the type of guy who gets more creative if he's up in the count.