Sept 4th Gamethread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If our hitters would try and hit line drives and not try and lift and pull slow stuff away, our offense would be fine again. But the minute their rectums got a little tight after the first boston series. So anytime they see something slow, their brains process "kill it" and they either wind up hitting a dribbler to the pull side, King on something in the dirt, or popping it straight up.

Loretta hits a line drive single up the middle, and I want to vomit because our hitters wont do that.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
No way. Gload has much more range, and can make all the picks he can. Gload is underrated defensively.

i agree that gload is better and has more range, but i think pauly picks it better....plus the problem with gload is that he plays so infrequently at 1b that its hard for him to pick our guys cuz hes not used to playin with em

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
No way. Gload has much more range, and can make all the picks he can. Gload is underrated defensively.

Gload's been horrendous at picking the ball in the dirt.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
didnt it hit the bag and skip over his glove?

It went past him first, and then hit the bag.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
Thankfully Garland threw a good sinker. The Red Sox definitely have a spark tonight with their 3 guys getting back, so they're going to have the crowd in the game the entire night.

I disagree, the Red Sox got their 2 hits from Garland going away. As long as Garland stays inside, and throws sinkers like we just saw, we have nothing to worry about.