Sept 4th Gamethread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
Paulie and the rest of our pull monkeys should take a peek at what Manny did right there.

2 strikes, man on first, pitch away. He stays back and hits it up the line to right.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
When we get men in Scoring position and they still take that approach I will be happy. If they have their backsides pucker up, and they try to hit the highway on the other side of the monster then I wont.

Fair enough. I agree.

Tavarez is a terrible pitcher for us to face, as he doesn't give up many homers. When you throw in the Red Sox great infield defense, runs won't be plentiful for us tonight. It's amazing just how crappy this offense has been lately when the other team isn't giving us 4 or 5 outs in an inning.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
nice hustle joe!

When Gload, Mackowiak, and Ozuna are out of the game (and Thome's hurt), the only person who I expect to see legit hustle from is Anderson.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Tavarez is a terrible pitcher for us to face, as he doesn't give up many homers. When you throw in the Red Sox great infield defense, runs won't be plentiful for us tonight. It's amazing just how crappy this offense has been lately when the other team isn't giving us 4 or 5 outs in an inning.

When Gload, Mackowiak, and Ozuna are out of the game (and Thome's hurt), the only person who I expect to see legit hustle from is Anderson.

sadly that is true... The more and more I think about, the more I feel this team needs to lose some power hitters, and add some speedy contact hitters.

And a hitting coach who preaches OBP and going with the pitch would be nice.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
sadly that is true... The more and more I think about, the more I feel this team needs to lose some power hitters, and add some speedy contact hitters.

And a hitting coach who preaches OBP and going with the pitch would be nice.

Red Sox and Yankees have a bunch of power hitters. Their hitting is fine. We need to upgrade SS and LF, maybe get a new hitting coach.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Red Sox and Yankees have a bunch of power hitters. Their hitting is fine. We need to upgrade SS and LF, maybe get a new hitting coach.

greg walker would probably be the first hitting coach ever to be fired after the team lead the league in AVG HR...and they even have a chance to lead in runs