And That's a White Sox Loser

fathom

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
McCarthy deserves some criticism...he's been real bad this year in close games. It's just such a waste of a season for him, and he's not a reliever with his stuff.

plain and simple....mccarthy needs to use his offspeed stuff, something he hasnt done his last few games and hitters have been sitting on his fastball in and pounding it...

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:23 AM)
plain and simple....mccarthy needs to use his offspeed stuff, something he hasnt done his last few games and hitters have been sitting on his fastball in and pounding it...

For the 100th time this season (not intended towards you daa), McCarthy doesn't have confidence in his offspeed stuff coming out of the bullpen. He's a "feel" pitcher, and all year he's said he doesn't like the way he stuff feels out of the pen. It's no surprise that his best outings have been when he goes 3 or 4 innings and can develop a rhythm.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
You have a one run lead, a man on first, and a tough lefty facing a struggling hitter with plenty of options on the bench. Instead, Ozzie leaves AJP to hit into a DP. When you have Manny leading off the inning, that lack of proactivity is pathetic. In a game between two terrible managers, it ended up being that the team with the final AB won.

LOL. Somebody actually finds a way to blame Ozzie for that. You are incredible. At least s*** on him when he does something wrong. Just as embarassing as how the team is playing.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
LOL. Somebody actually finds a way to blame Ozzie for that. You are incredible. At least s*** on him when he does something wrong. Just as embarassing as how the team is playing.

HE'S BAAAACK!! :P

Yep, I think Ozzie could have helped us out a lot more if he would have tried to get more runs in the 9th inning. And if you're going to criticize me for my posts in observing the game, why don't you please add your own. I would have never thought you'd be the type to stop posting just cause the team is doing bad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
You have a one run lead, a man on first, and a tough lefty facing a struggling hitter with plenty of options on the bench. Instead, Ozzie leaves AJP to hit into a DP. When you have Manny leading off the inning, that lack of proactivity is pathetic. In a game between two terrible managers, it ended up being that the team with the final AB won.

You are king of the 20/20 hindsight brigade. Pierzynski's hitting .278 v. lefties.

At least Brandon, if his career never takes off, can pin the blame on Ozzie if he

wishes to do so.

Poor ol Brandon is being misused as a reliever.

Give me a break. Lots of pitchers have stepped up in their careers and done what

is needed to do.

Hope the kid has a long productive career as a starter, but the man has sucked

of late and there is no assurance he'd have been a stud as a starter this year

though I agree he's been misused by Oz and KW.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
For the 100th time this season (not intended towards you daa), McCarthy doesn't have confidence in his offspeed stuff coming out of the bullpen. He's a "feel" pitcher, and all year he's said he doesn't like the way he stuff feels out of the pen. It's no surprise that his best outings have been when he goes 3 or 4 innings and can develop a rhythm.

Totally agree. There are some guys cutout to be starters and some as relievers...McCarthy has been badly mis-managed this year. If our leaders thought he was not ready coming into this year, then he should have pitched for Charlotte. If they thought he was ready to face big league hitting (and based off the last two months of last year it seemed to be) then we could have held onto the talent we pissed away for the horrible Vazquez.

We would have had Vizcanio, could have dealt El Duque for a prospect or middle relief help or a backup catcher (instead of good young arms we dealt) and would have also held onto one of the games best young CF prospects...

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:26 AM)
You are king of the 20/20 hindsight brigade. Pierzynski's hitting .278 v. lefties.

Lopez is tough as hell on lefties. I thought we called up Stewart so we could have more flexibility late in the game? BTW, this isn't 20/20 hindsight. I was stating this BEFORE the AJP at-bat.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
I would like to hear your views on Pods and Anderson.

Pods still >>>>>> to Anderson?

and Sizemore :P

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
At least Brandon, if his career never takes off, can pin the blame on Ozzie if he

wishes to do so.

Poor ol Brandon is being misused as a reliever.

Give me a break. Lots of pitchers have stepped up in their careers and done what

is needed to do.

Hope the kid has a long productive career as a starter, but the man has sucked

of late and there is no assurance he'd have been a stud as a starter this year

though I agree he's been misused by Oz and KW.

What about the O. No condemnation for a supposed good O being dominated by a horrible, middle reliever.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
This season is done in my view...

Liriano is due to pitch a minor league rehab start later this week...when he joins the Twins they will take control of the WC race. We have to be honest, the team isn't good enough this year.

We are still 05 Champions.

I don't know about the Liriano thing -- sometimes guys come back, feel healthy and just aren't the same anyway (Contreras for one). But I do agree that this team is in deep trouble.

My concern is that there's a cloud over this team. And it's the same cloud that came over this group last September. That crew came out of it because (1) we got good pitching in a series at home against Minnesota (including McCarthy); and (2) Grady Sizemore lost a ball in the sun in Kansas City.

I'm looking for some such event now, because we need it.

As for today, add Carlos Pena to the Melky Cabrera Society. Travis Hafner is a charter member. In other words, McCarthy's made a real habit of low fastballs to lefties being deposited in the right field stands. I stll say that he's been misused all year long, and the stubborness in that regard is maddening. But I'm just tired of talking about it, as many others here are. And the fact that Vazquez pitches tomorrow will be salt in the wounds, at least for me.

This year has been mismanaged -- with reputation, salary and preserving trade value being the important factors, apparently -- from the start. It's ridiculous.

We're lucky to be where we are. And where we are is headed down.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
I like Brandon, and Oz has been brutal this year, but Brandon is not getting the "I've been misused" pass from me. Step it up, get out of the inning. He needs to get his s*** together, we are going to need him down the stretch.

I'm on the same page with you in regards to this. He can't keep throwing these meatballs in clutch situations.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I would like to hear your views on Pods and Anderson.

Pods still >>>>>> to Anderson?

Pods is playing like crap and Anderson has been much better in the second half. Really like BAs walks even when he isn't swinging that well.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)

mswerd.gif

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Lopez is tough as hell on lefties. I thought we called up Stewart so we could have more flexibility late in the game? BTW, this isn't 20/20 hindsight. I was stating this BEFORE the AJP at-bat.

Lopez hasn't been tough on lefties this year.