Horrible weather in north central Illinois on Monday

WhiteSoxfan1986

Wow, I have never seen as much rain as I saw on Monday. It poured for about four hours, and there was a tornado warning. I was back in Rockford for the weekend and there was an intersection that looked like a lake, there were three cars stuck with water up to the windows! The fire department was going around in boats picking up people who were stranded. My basement got some water, but that's it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
Yeah there was like a 5 minute shower in Streamwood, it was quite the inconvenience.

I went out to dinner tonight, and sat near a window at the rear of the restraunt. In the middle of the meal, I got up to go the bathroom at the front of the restaurant, and noticed it was pouring outside the front doors. When I returned to my seat, I looked outside again, and the pavement was clearly dry. It wasn't raining at the back of the restaurant. The skies were dark, but for about 5 minutes, it was only raining on half of the building.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 05:37 AM)
I went out to dinner tonight, and sat near a window at the rear of the restraunt. In the middle of the meal, I got up to go the bathroom at the front of the restaurant, and noticed it was pouring outside the front doors. When I returned to my seat, I looked outside again, and the pavement was clearly dry. It wasn't raining at the back of the restaurant. The skies were dark, but for about 5 minutes, it was only raining on half of the building.

Did you pop any tabs before you sat down for your meal? :D