GAME THREAD: White @ Red

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
Doing something like this, embarassing a player the way Ozzie USED TO throw players under the bus, might put a sense of urgency in these players.

Ozzie did that too much earlier in the year, and people close to the team seem to believe that he's lost his edge with the players.

That sucked. But this is a big inning for Vazquez, he won't have to face Ortiz or Manny so hopefully he'll get through it 1-2-3.

I think it would be HUGE for his confidence.

EDIT: geez, it took me 2 outs to type that! Way to go Javy! REALLY well done tonight - my hat is off to you!

Edited by SoxnGiants

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Sweeney should play some winter ball and work on his speed approach also. With his sweet ass swing and doubles approach, he could be sweet to replace Prancer.

I am not sold on picking up 900 year old Dave Roberts who is Prancer II the older version.

I wouldn't be opposed to it because we could use Roberts and slowly ease Sweeney into the situation. I think it would be a nice situation, plus Roberts can also back up in CF.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
I wouldn't be opposed to it because we could use Roberts and slowly ease Sweeney into the situation. I think it would be a nice situation, plus Roberts can also back up in CF.

I think Roberts is going to get a lot of money this offseason though, as his numbers are real good. I'm still a huge fan of making a run at Mathews Jr. for LF.