Cubs owe $475,000

May 16 3 years ago @ Wrigley when they had the Dodgers nearly start a riot cuz the Cub fan stole a Dodger player's hat. A guy who got arrested for it although he didn't do anything except be in the wrong place was injured badly in the fight thanks to Dodgers players and Wrigleyville security.

He sued them...and the verdict. The Cubs owe him $475,000. :lol:

f*** THE CUBBIES! :lol: :lol:

May 16 3 years ago @ Wrigley when they had the Dodgers nearly start a riot cuz the Cub fan stole a Dodger player's hat.  A guy who got arrested for it although he didn't do anything except be in the wrong place was injured badly in the fight thanks to Dodgers players and Wrigleyville security.

He sued them...and the verdict.  The Cubs owe him $475,000.  :lol:

f*** THE CUBBIES!  :lol:  :lol:

Too bad it wasn't more!

:fyou the Cubs

May 16 3 years ago @ Wrigley when they had the Dodgers nearly start a riot cuz the Cub fan stole a Dodger player's hat.  A guy who got arrested for it although he didn't do anything except be in the wrong place was injured badly in the fight thanks to Dodgers players and Wrigleyville security.

What? The Cubs have to pay?

Chad Krueter was the dips*** Dodger catcher who choked the guy (probably the same guy who sued and won).

How are the Cubs responsible for that?

I remember that game, by chance I happened to be watching it while walking on the treadmill, and I remember Steve Stone repeating over and over 'what a shame'...

Obviously the most famous Anti-Cub radio call was Ron Santo's 'Oh No!!!' believe it or not I was in 6th grade listening to that on the radio while taking a crap after coming home from school...If I wasn't taking a crap I would have jumped for joy at Brant Brown's blunder.

What? The Cubs have to pay?

Chad Krueter was the dips*** Dodger catcher who choked the guy (probably the same guy who sued and won).

How are the Cubs responsible for that?

Your house, your guests, you're responsible. That is why the Cubs lost.

Was security using corked sammy (billy) clubs?

without having all of the facts in front of us, let's let the justice system work and not condemn it when it is possession of a hell of a lot more facts than anyone here

of course that probably is even more convincing that you are reacting off of your immediate flip emotion rather than having any knowledge of the proofs that were offered in this civil case

and Chad Kreuter, former Sox ctahcer, I salute you! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

without having all of the facts in front of us, let's let the justice system work and not condemn it when it is possession of a hell of a lot more facts than anyone here

of course that probably is even more convincing that you are reacting off of your immediate flip emotion rather than having any knowledge of the proofs that were offered in this civil case

and Chad Kreuter, former Sox ctahcer, I salute you!  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

What are you talking about man? Do you not remember the incident?

A guy took Chad's hat, probably yelled some drunken obscenties in his face, and Chad choked him. Is that allowable in a civil society? To start choking a guy because he takes your hat and says some words to you?

If you think that is acceptable and commendable.... :huh:

And you're right, the justice system is perfect, so let's blindly accept any and all court decisions that are made

and Chad Kreuter, former Sox ctahcer, I salute you!  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

A guy took Chad's hat, probably yelled some drunken obscenties in his face, and Chad choked him. Is that allowable in a civil society? To start choking a guy because he takes your hat and says some words to you?

And you're right, the justice system is perfect, so let's blindly accept any and all court decisions that are made

I remember the incident very well. I also know who is clueless about what statute law and case law in civil cases. It is not what you personally think because you saw something on tv news once. It is what is presented to the court in light of all of the rules of evidence and who is liable for what and what the law defines.

Guest hotsoxchick1

actually didint chad jump into the stands and then proceed to choke him...while followed by a few of his teamates......the dodgers also paid a nice sum to the hat nabber..........i do recall..... and know theres got to be an archive of the article somewhere......

I remember the incident very well. I also know who is clueless about what statute law and case law in civil cases. It is not what you personally think because you saw something on tv news once. It is what is presented to the court in light of all of the rules of evidence and who is liable for what and what the law defines.

If you think the Cubs ought to be responsible for the actions of someone in their ballpark, then I can't argue with you. I realize that by law they are, but that doesn't mean I agree with it or that it's the way it should be. If we were talking about a CUB player that did the choking, this would be an open and shut case, but how can the CUBS not only control the fans, but the actions of the other team?

If Chad hadn't choked the guy, security would have come and removed the "fan" from the premises, and the incident never would have occured, so I don't see HOW the Cubs could be forced to pay anything to that nitwit, let alone nearly half a million dollars.

you still don't even know who got the judgment and you keep going on and on. You have no clue as to what the facts were that were offered as proofs. You select those things that you remember and expect that to be the standard of truth. That is why we have courts, and I am glad the American constitutional system provides for that, for places to determine liability rather than have someone who lies 2,000 miles from the incident and whose sole knowledge of it is what the saw on Sportscenter be the arbitrator of truth.

I just looked up the story on chicagosports.com

The dude collected $300,000 from the Dodgers for his damages in a settlement and a cook county jury awarded $475,000 from the cubs for their lack of security - it was a cubs fan who sued -

actually it was probably a rather open and shut case in terms of liability - and since we have no way of knowing the severity of the injuries received by this individual, we have no way of judging the fairness of the jury decision

Guest hotsoxchick1

i do recall a few broken ribs... busted up jaw and a black eye... other than that i dont remember the other injuries..........

CW.. he doesn't even have the story straight so why do you bother to debate with him?

actually didint chad jump into the stands and then proceed to choke him...while followed by a few of his teamates......the dodgers also paid a nice sum to the hat nabber..........i do recall..... and know theres got to be an archive of the article somewhere......

They paid him $300K NOT to take it to trial.

I thought I saw somewhere in this thread that the plaintiff (sp?) in this case was an innocent bystander.  If so, then he wouldn't have been the one who "interacted" with Chad Krueter.

You are correct YAS. The person that took the hat and called Chad some nice names, worked for the Trib, and was never charged even though his identity was known. This guy was a seat weasle in the wrong place at the wrong time. The video clearly showed that he had nothing to do with it. And he told security so. Security then proceeded to detain him - he was roughed up a bit - and then wrongfully charged.

IMO, he should file a civil suit against the Cubs now for defimation. His name - thaks to the Cubs - was drug through the mud. If I were him I'd own the Cubs at the end of the day.

Promptly tearing down that s***hole of course.

Oh.. a co-worker was an alternate juror on the case and that's where I got the details.

See how nice the "friendly confine" is. Fans don't have to run onto the field the players come to them.

I have to remember this when my Cub fan friends give me s*** about fans running on the field at Comisky (I'll never say U.S. Cellular) Park.

CW.. he doesn't even have the story straight so why do you bother to debate with him?

Steff, since you seem to know everything, why not share the facts of the incident from the outset rather than have myself and cw waste time by discussing it? Would have saved me a few minutes and I could have gotten around to doing something important (LOL).

Steff, since you seem to know everything, why not share the facts of the incident from the outset rather than have myself and cw waste time by discussing it? Would have saved me a few minutes and I could have gotten around to doing something important (LOL).

I didn't think it was worthy of posting here since this is the PALE HOSE TALK BOARD!

Perhaps on the OT board....

And I know far, very far from everything.. but I sure would have my facts straight if I did post something. :rolleyes:

I didn't think it was worthy of posting here since this is the PALE HOSE TALK BOARD!

Perhaps on the OT board....

As long as it's on this section of the board, it's fair game to talk about. ESPECIALLY when you can clear up any debate. :P