Ryan Sweeney to start in RF tonight.

DBAHO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as big of Ryan Sweeney fan as anyone, yet I fail to comprehend the annointing of him as a hall of famer after 1 game where he struck out, had a solid single, and had a broken bat bloop hit off a guy who collected his first major league victory. Brian Anderson was the first Sox rookie to have 2 hits on opening day this season in the past 20-25 years, and he hasn't been Paul Molitor at the plate. I think Sweeney is the best hitting prospect in the Sox system. I think he will be a far better major leaguer than Fields, but don't expect Sweeney to carry this team right now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
I'm as big of Ryan Sweeney fan as anyone, yet I fail to comprehend the annointing of him as a hall of famer after 1 game where he struck out, had a solid single, and had a broken bat bloop hit off a guy who collected his first major league victory. Brian Anderson was the first Sox rookie to have 2 hits on opening day this season in the past 20-25 years, and he hasn't been Paul Molitor at the plate. I think Sweeney is the best hitting prospect in the Sox system. I think he will be a far better major leaguer than Fields, but don't expect Sweeney to carry this team right now.

not carry the team. Thats Konerkos, Thomes and Dyes thing. But i think he could add some energy and different style of hitting. Than the usual HR or nothing. I think him coming up and playing good, might embarss some over the older guys.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
that is too much ability, we need to put ourselves in crisis by inserting pods and mack.

and sometimes gload in RF. Seriously i would love to see Pablo and Ross goto the winter league and learn how to play the corners better, it couldn't hurt.