AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

6.5 out, or so it seems, and we are just six games away from playing them in a three game set.

so freaking weird how this team isn't out of it. I mean they realistically have somewhat of a shot. it will all be found out after this stretch of games. so far 1 for 1 with 15 left.

6.5 out, or so it seems, and we are just six games away from playing them in a three game set.

so freaking weird how this team isn't out of it. I mean they realistically have somewhat of a shot.  it will all be found out after this stretch of games.  so far 1 for 1 with 15 left.

And Mario, you can finally write a recap without the urge to vomit....

so freaking weird how this team isn't out of it. I mean they realistically have somewhat of a shot.  it will all be found out after this stretch of games.  so far 1 for 1 with 15 left.

It dont matter if we cant beat them.

lol, yeah Alex. actually gonna write it up tonight and not sleep on it, lol.

as far as the sox against the twins. I didn't say we will beat them, I said we will face them. also, if you recall, we beat them two out of three the first series and beat ourselves the second series.

I think the momentum from this series and Cubs series, if all goes well, can fuel them over the Twins.b

I've not given up, but we have to play MUCH better than the Twinkles if we are going to catch them.

Seriously, we shouldn't even be looking at them yet. The Royals are the 1st hurdle.

Last 10 gms:

Twinks 5-5

Royals 6-4

Sox 6-4

This has been the case essentially the last 20 gms, & that's why we've remained the same distance behind both of them during that stretch.

We're still 3.5 gb behind KC & 6.5 behind the Twinks.

the consensus is that the WhiteSox are simply to poor in fundamentals to mount a challenge. I don't know what's wrong with the organization but Rowand cost us 1 run in stupid base running on Sun, DAng costs us a run on a stupid error in Mon gm, & the list goes on.

I heard a stat: 32 gms this yr the SOX have scored fewer than 3 runs.

That's not all lack of hitting. A lot of base-running mistakes keep this team from manufacturing runs.

I really think the organization needs to clean house. I'm sick & tired of seeing reasonable athletes with no head for the game on this team.

I don't know what is going on in the minors in terms of fundamentals but this team plays like a little league team on more than 1 occasion.

By cleaning house I mean everyone. If only there was a way to remove JR.

But certainly KW, JM, & most importantly those in charge of fundamentals in the minors.

:bang -> on the little leaguers known as the Chicago White Sox. You know who you are.

I heard a stat: 32 gms this yr the SOX have scored fewer than 3 runs.  That's not all lack of hitting.

90% of it is a lack of hitting. How many times this season have we had runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out; 2nd and 3rd, no outs; 1st and 2nd, no outs; bases loaded, 1 out; etc, etc, etc, and either grounded into a DP, and then eventually get no runs? I'd say at least 20 times, and that's cost us many runs and probably 4-5 games at least.

90% of it is a lack of hitting.  How many times this season have we had runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out;  2nd and 3rd, no outs; 1st and 2nd, no outs; bases loaded, 1 out; etc, etc, etc, and either grounded into a DP, and then eventually get no runs?  I'd say at least 20 times, and that's cost us many runs and probably 4-5 games at least.

Try "14-15 games games".

Hell last 3 weeks alone, the differential is 7

Try "14-15 games games".

Let's be realistic -- NO team is going to get the runners in from 3rd with less than 2 outs EVERY time. But, the Sox have failed to do it an inordinate number of times. Maybe my 4-5 games guesstimate was off, but I don't think it's as high as 15. Let's meet in the middle and call it 10. But even if it WAS 'just' 5, it would make a HUGE difference in the standings, and we'd be right there. And with guys like MB, PK, and JC underachieving like they are, it's amazing to think we could EASILY be in 1st place right now.

The AL Central... :lol:

Try "14-15 games games".

Let's be realistic -- NO team is going to get the runners in from 3rd with less than 2 outs EVERY time. But, the Sox have failed to do it an inordinate number of times. Maybe my 4-5 games guesstimate was off, but I don't think it's as high as 15. Let's meet in the middle and call it 10. But even if it WAS 'just' 5, it would make a HUGE difference in the standings, and we'd be right there. And with guys like MB, PK, and JC underachieving like they are, it's amazing to think we could EASILY be in 1st place right now.

The AL Central... :lol:

It's not just "1 and 3rd and 1 out in 5th inning", it's everything this f***ing team did wrong, including f***ed up situational RBI chances....

I have watched or taped (50-50) every single game since 14-game road trip began:

The split in Toronto was forgiveable, but not taking 2 out of 3 in Cleveland, 2 in Arizona, sweep in LA, 2 against San Fran and sweep of Pads were NOT....

Then add April and May....trust me the "shouldas" are in double digits, easily.

The 2000 team would have been at least 45-20 right now all things considered, at least.

I kind of chuckled at 45-20, then I looked at the last week alone and shook my head.  Bonds and Oliver Perez beating us.  This is the whole season in a nutshell, ugh.

Bonds I can live with. He's maybe the best player ever (and save your "no he's not" remarks, smartasses).

But you're right, that Perez guy shouldn't have lasted 5 innings, let alone got the win.

It's not just "1 and 3rd and 1 out in 5th inning", it's everything this f***ing team did wrong, including f***ed up situational RBI chances....

I'll revert back to my original theory that no team is going to do everything right in every situation. There's going to be f***ups due to White Sox human error, or the opponents' skill level, and sometimes simply nothing can be done about it. That stuff just happens.

The split in Toronto was forgiveable, but not taking 2 out of 3 in Cleveland, 2 in Arizona, sweep in LA, 2 against San Fran and sweep of Pads were NOT....

I agree with your assessment of the CLEV, SF, AZ. Cleveland is a team of nobodys, AZ has nothing except for RJ and CS (neither of whom we faced), and we simply blew the Colon game against SF. But, to say that 2 out of 3 vs. ANY team is a disappointment isn't fair IMO. I, for one, was VERY happy with taking 2 out of 3 in LA. The Dodgers have a very good rotation, and I thought we played very well (I went to all 3 games, so don't come back with your "I taped them" s***).

Then add April and May....trust me the "shouldas" are in double digits, easily.

Did I not concede that we'd meet in the middle and call it 10 games? Last time I checked, 10 WAS double digits.

The 2000 team would have been at least 45-20 right now all things considered, at least.

Too bad this isn't 2000. Face it -- this is a different team than 3 years ago. We don't have a 5 run a game offense, and we also don't have 5 starters having career years. We also don't have several players having career years at the plate. It's going to be harder this year, but I think that we have the talent that if we are able to get into the post-season like we did in '00, the results will be better.

I'll revert back to my original theory that no team is going to do everything right in every situation. There's going to be f***ups due to White Sox human error, or the opponents' skill level, and sometimes simply nothing can be done about it. That stuff just happens.

Like I said, you obvisouly don't remember the specifics, but I do. Trust me, the amount of chances we squandered and painful mental f***ups was mindboggling. Well above what a good team should reasonably be expected to commit, not saying they should have blown people out every game, but a clutch hit or a defensive play once in a while would be nice, in 1-2 run games, ya know?

I agree with your assessment of the CLEV, SF, AZ. Cleveland is a team of nobodys, AZ has nothing except for RJ and CS (neither of whom we faced), and we simply blew the Colon game against SF. But, to say that 2 out of 3 vs. ANY team is a disappointment isn't fair IMO. I, for one, was VERY happy with taking 2 out of 3 in LA. The Dodgers have a very good rotation, and I thought we played very well (I went to all 3 games, so don't come back with your "I taped them" s***).

You must not have been watching it right....Who cares how "good" someone was, look at the way we played LA/SF (Colons starts) and SD (Galrand)- one tiny hit, one obvious baserunning move, and we probably win both of them. In fact, Burly start in Toronto, we didn't even have a chance because of how Graff and Lee played defensively....very winnable game if most elemental of plays are made early on, but I didn't count it because it wasn't as close thereafter as those other games.

We beat ourselves, badly. Worse than that. -15 is a very fair assessment. Hell, we should have taken 2 games in the season's opening series in KC, but were swept.