Buerhle Headed Back To Chicago

Chisox_fan

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
This team is nowhere close to the divided, lazy team that Jerry managed. Jerry wouldnt even openly tell his players what they were doing wrong.

His starters have higher ERA's because they havent pitched well. Should he take all of them out after the 3rd inning? Freddy is done, Garland has turned it around because of Ozzie placing confidence in him, including taking him out early some games, and leaving him in in others. IN fact his career turn around has come because of Ozzie leaving him in to work out his own problems.

Pods is a vet who has shown slumps can be turned around. If he is hurt, he hasnt let anyone know.

I agree wtih playing BA every day, that is the only real thing I think he has done wrong.

If Pods has hurt, he hasn't let us know... For all we know, he has told Ozzie and Kenny. I really believe there is a lot of that going around right now that we don't really know about.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
WB stranger... :cheers

^^^^

Yeah you are a pretty cool guy, for a plushie :cheers

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
You never want to see somebody get hurt, but I really want McCarthy in the rotation.

My problem with that is for which pitcher - Buehrle? Contrereras? Sweatty Freddie?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
You are so full of crap. Every time he puts a player in any position this year, the player has failed. We are lucky, with this pitching staff, that we are even close to being in the playoffs. If we had Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington would that make you happy? Ozzie is probably the best manager we have had in 50 years, and the only one you have seen bring us a World Series ring. BUt you are right, it is his fault that every changeup our staff throws gets rocked, that Paulie hit into 2 double plays last night. We are lucky to have Ozzie as our manager, without him we would never be considered one of the elite teams in the league like we are now.

Rock - when I first started on Soxtalk hated your posts but over time realized you are right on usually and enjoy your input - once again you are 100% correct!

:gosox1:

Its amazing how difficult it seems to be for people to accept that there is NO SINGLE REASON for the fact that we aren't dominating baseball. The reasons are many - some from management, some from staff. Plenty of blame to go around.

I'm frustrated like everyone else, of course. I'm just not ready to give up, and I'm not going to delude myself into thinking there is one easy solution to making the team better.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
Its amazing how difficult it seems to be for people to accept that there is NO SINGLE REASON for the fact that we aren't dominating baseball. The reasons are many - some from management, some from staff. Plenty of blame to go around.

I'm frustrated like everyone else, of course. I'm just not ready to give up, and I'm not going to delude myself into thinking there is one easy solution to making the team better.

Indeed. This is why they play a 162 game schedule and not play on XBOX's like ya'll want to think like.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
You are so full of crap. Every time he puts a player in any position this year, the player has failed. We are lucky, with this pitching staff, that we are even close to being in the playoffs. If we had Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington would that make you happy? Ozzie is probably the best manager we have had in 50 years, and the only one you have seen bring us a World Series ring. BUt you are right, it is his fault that every changeup our staff throws gets rocked, that Paulie hit into 2 double plays last night. We are lucky to have Ozzie as our manager, without him we would never be considered one of the elite teams in the league like we are now.

Wrong. Brandon McCarthy hasn't failed as a starting pitcher. Rob Mackowiak hasn't failed as a LF, BA hasn't failed in CF in the second half.

Edited by shoota