For all the Mark B bashers...

aboz56

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a variety of reasons I want Mark to right his own ship. Tonight was a great start.  :cheers MB. Keep it going.

Agreed. I've loyally stuck with Buehrle and I have no doubt he's going to be one of the best pitchers in the majors for a long time. For that reason he was one of the few players I didn't call to trade in that article a few weeks ago.

Guest hotsoxchick1
hells bells -

how do you do what you do to me?

lol i dont know...but sometimes its hard to resist the cookin in the kitchen....... ;)

:fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

ahem.....I'd just like to add in..... :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

That is all.

CWSOX45

Mark hasnt even been a big leaguer as long as Thomas has been hot... :headbang

Ya, but Mark does have one of the highest winning percentage of all active pitchers. You take away this slump and it may of been the very highest.

He is only 23 years old (Maybe he's 24 now) and the kid is flat out awesome for that age. This is a guy that already has 40 plus wins and could definately win 200 games in his career. Its early to say this, but he has great poise, knows how to pitch, and is a guy I want on the southside a long time. I can only hope he stays healthy and gets that opportunity. I understand if we move Loaiza or Colon and actually wouldn't mind it, simply because they aren't going to be around a long time or are at their peak value (See Esteban). Colon would be awesome to bring back, but JR isn't going to pay him.

The Sox can get a ton in return for those two, a few of which could be some young aces and its worth it, imo, especially if this team is well out of the race. IF they can't win this year, then I don't think this bunch can win period. I think some of these guys are winners, but that team aspect just isn't working so you rebuild/retool it.

Guest hotsoxchick1
ahem.....I'd just like to add in..... :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

That is all.

CWSOX45

:fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou oh hell the more the merrier huh............

He is only 23 years old (Maybe he's 24 now) and the kid is flat out awesome for that age.  This is a guy that already has 40 plus wins and could definately win 200 games in his career.  Its early to say this, but he has great poise, knows how to pitch, and is a guy I want on the southside a long time.  I can only hope he stays healthy and gets that opportunity.

very well stated.

For as bad as Mark has actually pitched this year(because he has not pitched as well as he has pitched in the past), he does have 9 quality starts, and has had 3 solid starts(Apr 30, Oak, 6 IP, 4 ER, May 11, Sea, 5 IP, 4 ER, May 21, Tor, 6 IP, 5 ER).

He could very easily be 7-6 right now, let alone something like 9-4 or even possibly a complete reverse of his record now and be 10-3.

MB is just starting to pitch well again. I still stand by my new prediction of 16 wins for MB, and 6(but 7 or 8 is possible) by the break. I'll also say he beats the Cubs atleast once, and possibly twice.

ahem.....I'd just like to add in..... :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

That is all.

CWSOX45

:fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou oh hell the more the merrier huh............

You got it HSC!!

CWSOX45

Amazing. One good start. I do NOT care. E-Lo has had all good, great starts except one or two. And now you guys are praising Mark for a ONE decent start. I dont care, Mark sucks and Im going to laugh at everyone here when he takes up on his whining and leaves...

I'll say that Mark Buerhle will be more likely to be on the 2004 All Star team than the Big Hurt.