Iguchi 2B

Thome DH

Crede 3B

Pierzynski C

Gload 1B

Sweeney CF

Mackowiak RF

Cintron SS

Call it the all-hustle, grinder ball, balls to the wall lineup. I'm tired of watching PK lope down the line, Dye is said to have a mild injury, and forget about Pods.

Go ahead, tell me this is dumb. Maybe it is. But I'd like to see some fire under the team's belly.

While dropping Pods in the lineup is a nice message, what is the point? The point of having him is to get on base and steal, not for his defense. While putting Pods as leadoff is worthless, putting him elsewhere is pointless. Mac/Sweeney/Anderson in LF before Pods.

Sweeney, CF

Iguchi, 2B

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Pierzynski, C

Crede, 3B

Podsednik, LF

Cintron, SS

Contreras, P

Crisp, CF

Loretta, 2B

Ortiz, DH

Ramirez, LF

Nixon, RF

Lowell, 3B

Varitek, C

Hinske, 1B

Cora, SS

Snyder, P

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
Good to see Sweeney playing, but I'd rather have him playing for Pods. Did BA sleep with Ozzie's wife or something?

:lolhitting

In the first half when he was slumping, Ozzie would not take BA out of the line up. Now that BA looks like an actually player, BA is getting treated like "the other man".

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
While dropping Pods in the lineup is a nice message, what is the point? The point of having him is to get on base and steal, not for his defense. While putting Pods as leadoff is worthless, putting him elsewhere is pointless. Mac/Sweeney/Anderson in LF before Pods.

It may have taken Ozzie 135 games to figure it out, but at least he finally figured out having one of the worst hitters on the team leading off is not a good idea. Scott Podsednik= 8th place hitter with no power and a terrible defender who can't throw.

Here's a novel idea......WIN!!!

And for that to happen, SCORE!!!!

All right I'm better now.

Hopefully, Ryan is auditioning for the leadoff role for '07.

Take out Pods, insert BA tonight and that would be a nice OF for next year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
It may have taken Ozzie 135 games to figure it out, but at least he finally figured out having one of the worst hitters on the team leading off is not a good idea. Scott Podsednik= 8th place hitter with no power and a terrible defender who can't throw.

Now he just needs to take him out of the lineup completely in favor of Gload/Mackowiak/Sweeney and he will finally have it correct.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Now he just needs to take him out of the lineup completely in favor of Gload/Mackowiak/Sweeney and he will finally have it correct.

I would bet this dropping him in the lineup is similar to the way Ozzie dealt with slumping Carl at the end of last year...drop him in the lineup as a last chance before making a change. It worked with Everett, to some extent.