White Sox @ Fenway vs Boston Sept 6th 2006 game thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
Eh, I don't know about that. We'll be 5 back if we hang on and win against Boston.

With the way we've been playing, I don't see anything more than a split against Cleveland. If the Twins sweep, we'd now be 3 back against both Minny and Detroit while heading to Oakland/Anaheim.

Plus Detroit has a much easier schedule, even if they are playing poorly.

Well, if we only split this wknd, and then go on to struggle on the west coast, we're not going to make the playoffs. Sooner or later, we have to start winning more games than we lose.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
If so....weird way to get a first hit.

Fielder's choice

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Well, if we only split this wknd, and then go on to struggle on the west coast, we're not going to make the playoffs. Sooner or later, we have to start winning more games than we lose.

If we split and Twins get swept, we'd be in the wild card lead. And Minny has to play a slightly harder schedule than Detroit.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Since we're winning big tonight and since we seem to rate Ozzie's performance as horses***

every night we lose ... would you detractors say Ozzie did a good to great job tonight??

I have a HUGE problem with Dye being left in this game. That's irresponsible by Ozzie. I love the fact he had a team meeting before this game though. Also, I think we can all say we're happy he shook the line-up up.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Since we're winning big tonight and since we seem to rate Ozzie's performance as horses***

every night we lose ... would you detractors say Ozzie did a good to great job tonight??

Yes, I thought Ozzie put out a good lineup tonight. He hasn't had to make any decisions with the bullpen so that was nice - but Ozzie did a good job tonight. I just hope the offense can produce like this consistently for the next 2 months.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)

dude, they aren't going to be happy until he's fired, regardless of whether or not he leads this team to another parade, they want him FIRED.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
dude, they aren't going to be happy until he's fired, regardless of whether or not he leads this team to another parade, they want him FIRED.

That couldn't be more wrong. I know he's not going to get fired, so I have to root for him to start making better decisions and using his personnel better. The only way that Ozzie isn't managing the Sox for at least the next 3 years is if he says something ignorant in the press again or he quits.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
It's been a while since this team shined on national TV in a regular season game

Haven't we had a great record on Fox this year?

I haven't seen anything from Sweeney in the outfield that makes my heart stop. Mackowiak doesn't do anything out there that makes me feel calm.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)
Amazing what a little pitching will do for ya.

Even though the bats have been great, too, it's all about our starters.

Weird time for you to state this. I'm not a fan of this statement, as you have to score at least one run to win a game. This series should prove that one thing isn't more important than the other. We had quite a good record during the first half of the year when our offense was great, and the pitching was subpar.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Just think ... if our starters pitch like this every night the rest of the way we'll make the playoffs.

The reason the starters have pitched well this series--------------------Ozzie

The reason the Sox have 8 runs tonight-----------------------------------Ozzie