Dont look now...

aboz56

So, that brings us to within 6.5 games of them, with Minnesota having a game at hand. If we can chip away at this lead one game a week, we'll be in the thick of things by the All Star break.

We were at this position just over a week ago, after taking Game One against San Francisco, and then we hit a backslide. NO LET DOWNS THIS TIME, SOX!!!

So, that brings us to within 6.5 games of them, with Minnesota having a game at hand.  If we can chip away at this lead one game a week, we'll be in the thick of things by the All Star break.

We were at this position just over a week ago, after taking Game One against San Francisco, and then we hit a backslide.  NO LET DOWNS THIS TIME, SOX!!!

3 more against Boston, then 6 each against the Cubs and the Twins. There better not be a backslide now. If there is, stick a fork in us.

3 more against Boston, then 6 each against the Cubs and the Twins. There better not be a backslide now.  If there is, stick a fork in us.

I couldn't have said it better. This is the moment of truth. These next 2+ weeks will help JR make the decision to dismantle or keep it together.

Which is what makes MB such a great pitcher. He rose to the occasion, and he always does rise to the occasion.

I said the same thing in another thread, but I'll say it here too. How much do you wanna bet that Garland, if he is put in the same situation(pitching the game after his team loses 1-0 facing off against one of the best pitchers in the majors, and pitching against the best offense in baseball), that he goes out and s***s in his pants, giving up about 7 runs in 4 innings?

I bet we would have seen Judy Garland last night, and not Cy Garland.

Well maybe not this year, but over the last two season he has saved our asses on many occasions.

That's why I'm expecting a big run from MB and Colon.

"I heard some fans in the first inning saying, 'There we go again; you're screwing it up again Buehrle,''' Buehrle said. "I'm going to have to win the fans back. I'm going to have to go out there and pitch and get some wins so these fans stop booing me and get behind me.''

Mark, be worried, very worried about some of these fans behind you :o

Unfortunately he has become the poster boy for this very dissappointing season. Too many silenced bats on the offensive side to single anyone out so Mark becomes the lightening rod.

Which is what makes MB such a great pitcher.  He rose to the occasion, and he always does rise to the occasion.

I said the same thing in another thread, but I'll say it here too.  How much do you wanna bet that Garland, if he is put in the same situation(pitching the game after his team loses 1-0 facing off against one of the best pitchers in the majors, and pitching against the best offense in baseball), that he goes out and s***s in his pants, giving up about 7 runs in 4 innings? 

I doubt it, Garland has done very well against Boston. Remember last year and his spectacular 8 inning shut out? Garland has had some great quality starts and I've been very pleased of how he's performed as of late. He has not gotten ANY run support, much like Mark Buehrle.

CWSOX45

Which is what makes MB such a great pitcher.  He rose to the occasion, and he always does rise to the occasion.

I said the same thing in another thread, but I'll say it here too.  How much do you wanna bet that Garland, if he is put in the same situation(pitching the game after his team loses 1-0 facing off against one of the best pitchers in the majors, and pitching against the best offense in baseball), that he goes out and s***s in his pants, giving up about 7 runs in 4 innings? 

I doubt it, Garland has done very well against Boston. Remember last year and his spectacular 8 inning shut out? Garland has had some great quality starts and I've been very pleased of how he's performed as of late. He has not gotten ANY run support, much like Mark Buehrle.

CWSOX45

Very good? He's 2-2 with a career 5.14 ERA against Boston in his career.

If not for that gem he had last year, it would look a lot worse then that. And that was in a less important situation anyways. You put him in the situation Buehrle was in, and I bet he would blow up.

CWSOX45

If not for that gem he had last year, it would look a lot worse then that. And that was in a less important situation anyways. You put him in the situation Buehrle was in, and I bet he would blow up.

Well, I don't remember FOR SURE, but didn't the 2-0 shutout last season come against Derek Lowe IN BOSTON? I know for sure it was in Boston, and I'm pretty sure it was Derek Lowe he faced. I remember that game very well. He had given up like 1 hit, then the first 2 guys in the 9th got hits, and they brought in Keith to face I think Nomar, Manny, and Daubach or something, and Keith got em in order to preserve the shutout gem.

So while it wasn't a playoff game or a pennant chase game, I'd say Garland did just fine under the circumstances. Also, the game was on ESPN or ESPN2, don't remember which.

CWSOX45

Well, I don't remember FOR SURE, but didn't the 2-0 shutout last season come against Derek Lowe IN BOSTON? I know for sure it was in Boston, and I'm pretty sure it was Derek Lowe he faced. I remember that game very well. He had given up like 1 hit, then the first 2 guys in the 9th got hits, and they brought in Keith to face I think Nomar, Manny, and Daubach or something, and Keith got em in order to preserve the shutout gem.

So while it wasn't a playoff game or a pennant chase game, I'd say Garland did just fine under the circumstances. Also, the game was on ESPN or ESPN2, don't remember which.

I doubt they brought in Foulke, probably Marte or Osuna.

CWSOX45

I doubt they brought in Foulke, probably Marte or Osuna.

It was Foulke. I'm starting to think it wasn't last year, though. It may have been 2001. I'm going to check.