Hilton gets a DUI

Steff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060907/ap_en_tv/hilton_arrest

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton was arrested early Thursday for investigation of driving under the influence, police said.

Hilton was arrested shortly before 12:30 a.m. after being pulled over in Hollywood, said police Officer I. Isabella, who declined to give his first name.

Police stopped Hilton because she was "driving erratically," he said.

"The officers observed that Hilton exhibited the symptoms of intoxication. A field sobriety test was conducted at scene, and the officers determined she was driving under the influence," Isabella said, reading a police statement.

Hilton was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI and released, he said.

Her spokesman, Elliot Mintz, confirmed the arrest and said police detected the minimum blood-alcohol level to warrant an arrest. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

"She's absolutely fine," Mintz said. "She didn't appear in the least bit to be intoxicated."

At the time of her arrest, Hilton was driving home in her Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren from a charity event where she had one drink, a margarita, he said. She had spent the day shooting a music video for her new album, "Paris."

The driving under the influence symptoms were "probably the result of an empty stomach and working all day and being fatigued," Mintz said.

She was picked up from the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station by her sister, Nicky, Nicky's boyfriend, actor Kevin Connolly, and Mintz.

In June, Hilton had a fender-bender accident when her Range Rover backed into a car in a parking garage after a shopping trip.

Im shocked. Wait, no I am not.

If I were a rich, partying hotel heiress you can be damned sure that I would have a chaffeur on hand so that this wouldnt happen. If Paris isnt getting plastered and driving, she is handing the keys to her equally plastered boyfriend(at the time) and letting him get DUIs.

Somebody please tell me when this Hilton fascination is over. I still cannot figure out what she has done in the first place to make her famous.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 07:42 AM)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060907/ap_en_tv/hilton_arrest

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton was arrested early Thursday for investigation of driving under the influence, police said.

Hilton was arrested shortly before 12:30 a.m. after being pulled over in Hollywood, said police Officer I. Isabella, who declined to give his first name.

Police stopped Hilton because she was "driving erratically," he said.

"The officers observed that Hilton exhibited the symptoms of intoxication. A field sobriety test was conducted at scene, and the officers determined she was driving under the influence," Isabella said, reading a police statement.

Hilton was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI and released, he said.

Her spokesman, Elliot Mintz, confirmed the arrest and said police detected the minimum blood-alcohol level to warrant an arrest. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

"She's absolutely fine," Mintz said. "She didn't appear in the least bit to be intoxicated."

At the time of her arrest, Hilton was driving home in her Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren from a charity event where she had one drink, a margarita, he said. She had spent the day shooting a music video for her new album, "Paris."

The driving under the influence symptoms were "probably the result of an empty stomach and working all day and being fatigued," Mintz said.

She was picked up from the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station by her sister, Nicky, Nicky's boyfriend, actor Kevin Connolly, and Mintz.

In June, Hilton had a fender-bender accident when her Range Rover backed into a car in a parking garage after a shopping trip.

How far has Elliot Mintz fallen...From John Lennon to Paris Hilton.

I guess the money is good!

Only one margarita? How big was that one?

Richie: We just had some beer - in teeny-weeny glasses.

Howard: How many teeny-weeny glasses did you have?

Richie: Seventy-two.

Howard: I think it's time for some teeny-weeny cups of coffee.

No...it was probably the result of her getting buzzed from drinking the Margarita on an empty stomach.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:12 AM)
When I was still running in college I was 5'9" and 120 pounds with a 3% body fat, which is incredibly low for a guy, I can't imagine being that weight as a girl who naturally carry more fat. That just doesn't sound healthy at all.

It's not. At 5'6", and in the range she is at 5'9", I am getting yelled at every single time I have a doctors appointment.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
Did anyone hear about the guerilla artist who hijacked a shipment of her CD's and replaced the artwork and linear notes with his own work? People must've been surprised to see this in stores. NOT SAFE FOR WORK

Yeah, and everyone who thinks that this is a big negative thing towards Paris is not looking at the big picture. Those cd's are going at around 3k on ebay right now, which is driving people to go out and buy hundreds of her cd's in search for these "custom" cd's. Her sales just shot up because of it.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Anyone think the cd thing was set up by her? Its amazing how all this stuff happens when she is debuting something. Also, there is no way she wont beat this DUI. All you need to beat a DUI is money, unless they try to make an example of her.

You don't even need $$ until the 4th or 5th one.

The first one is a simple charge that wont even become part of her record. The punishment is a fine, 90 day license suspension, and aa classes for a month.