3 weeks to go

mreye

My wife is due in three weeks with our third child - a third girl. We have yet to agree on a name. I'm opening the floor to suggestions. Here's our rules:

1. Must go well with last name - Noel (said like Knoll - not No-el)

2. Reagan and Amanda are the first two.

3. My first name has 2 A's and both our girls, unintentionally, have at least 2 A's. So, we thought it might be neat to have this one have 2 A's. (I know it's dorky.)

Help me out, Soxtalk!

Ah the old naming game. I remember trying to pick a name for our baby. We had totally decided on a boys name and couldn't agree at all on a girls name forever... Guess what we found out we were having? So we actually ended up going through a baby book together and if one of us didn't like a name we threw it out. That got us down to 10 names. Then each of us picked our top 5 out of those 10, and exactly one was on both of our lists...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Ah the old naming game. I remember trying to pick a name for our baby. We had totally decided on a boys name and couldn't agree at all on a girls name forever... Guess what we found out we were having? So we actually ended up going through a baby book together and if one of us didn't like a name we threw it out. That got us down to 10 names. Then each of us picked our top 5 out of those 10, and exactly one was on both of our lists...

We can't agree on anything. She's got a list of about 30 and I don't like a single one. I have a list of about 2 or 3 and she doesn't like them. MY favorite, Dbaho actually listed, is Abigail, but she doesn't want to have two kids that start with A. Ugh.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
We can't agree on anything. She's got a list of about 30 and I don't like a single one. I have a list of about 2 or 3 and she doesn't like them. MY favorite, Dbaho actually listed, is Abigail, but she doesn't want to have two kids that start with A. Ugh.

That's my dogs name.

I have a friend who both him, his wife, and their 3 kids all start with T. It was cute for a while. Now no one even notices.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)

Are the other two kids old enough to participate? Maybe that could help break the stalemate.

Maia

Alicia

Susanna(h)

Maria

Gaia

Carla

Sara(h)

Larissa

Marissa

Carissa

Clarissa

Daria

Janna

Nadia

Diana

Barbara

Tabitha

Marika

Ataleigh

Adelaide

Lana

Kara

Katerina

Tanya

Sabrina

Your last name goes with a lot of names! That's good.

My wife and i ended up with a couple of girls....we went with Samantha and Tabitha. About 6 months after Tabitha was born did someone point out the 'Bewitched' connetion between the names. My wife and I never watched that show, we just thought that Sami and Tabby sound good together.

QUOTE(juddling @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
My wife and i ended up with a couple of girls....we went with Samantha and Tabitha. About 6 months after Tabitha was born did someone point out the 'Bewitched' connetion between the names. My wife and I never watched that show, we just thought that Sami and Tabby sound good together.

LOL A friend of mine have a boy named Caston and a girl named Camiele. Say them together. Caston and Camiele. "Love, love will keep us together..." :bang

At some point in time when we found out we were having our third girl we realized that our names went J,K,M,N. We had to pick a name that started with L to connect them. :D

Nobody ever realizes it unless we mention it.

Did anyone see that show on Discovery (or TLC?) about that couple that had 16 kids and ALL their names started with J?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
At some point in time when we found out we were having our third girl we realized that our names went J,K,M,N. We had to pick a name that started with L to connect them. :D

Nobody ever realizes it unless we mention it.

Did anyone see that show on Discovery (or TLC?) about that couple that had 16 kids and ALL their names started with J?

Yes. How cute is that woman and family?