Ozzie haters

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
It's sort of surprising to see how many people want Vaz gone OVER Freddy. I guess that much doesnt surprise me anymore on Soxtalk, but.... :huh

Vasquez will be here and Freddy won't in 2006, but even for soxtalk, I'm surprised so many people are silly enough to think Freddy is better than Javy. Javy still has great stuff and can have good stretches, whereas Freddy is now an eternal cesspool of junkballing crap.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
First off, we were predicted by most publications to finish anywhere from second to fourth.

Second, even when we made the playoffs, I don't recall a whole lot of people in the national media predicting a White Sox series win. Hell, I remember after we took the first two games, there were some nuts already talking about a game five matchup, saying that Boston wouldn't lose at home.

Even when we made the World Series, there were some that said we'd be shut down by the dominant big three of Houston.

What people predict means nada. We had the best team and pitching from day 1 through October 26th, so we were not underdogs at all. The media is a bunch of stupid asses anyways, they don't determine who is the favorite and who isn't, common sense and the teams do.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WCSox @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
You're the one who needs to "get a clue" because I never said that last year's offense was "good in any way, shape or form." I said that Pods' ability to steal bases helped a team with a laughably-low OBP manufacture runs. Is that not accuate?

Grow up.

There's no denying that. Pods' ability to distract pitchers while on base also played a role.

Our offense was downright rotten for most of the year last year. The only time our offense clicked was in June/July and for 2 weeks in the playoffs. The rest of the year our offense was amost unbearable to watch. Remember Dye and Konerko hitting like they didnt know how to hit. Remember August. Remember Everett and his slow bat so bad towards the end we replaced him right before the playoffs started. Remember Timo at 1st base, remember Timo as a DH.

OUr offense was near the bottom in singles, in OBP, in doubles, in triples. We did one thing and one thing only, and that was hit the pretty white ball over the fence.

Guillen's worth is measured by the fact that there isn't a "Buehrle Haters" thread right now. He takes ALL the heat so he players dont have to.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:46 PM)
Correct, the starting pitchers have not been bashed once on this site all year.

Where's the Buehrle haters thread? Cat was throwing BP tonight.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
Guillen's worth is measured by the fact that there isn't a "Buehrle Haters" thread right now. He takes ALL the heat so he players dont have to.

Where's the Buehrle haters thread? Cat was throwing BP tonight.

I don't think you understand the tone of this thread.

The thread was started by somebody defending Ozzie's piss poor management, and calling out the "Ozzie Haters".

No one in there right mind is defending Mark Buehrle, hence, no "Buehrle Haters" thread.

Comprede?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)

The thread was started by somebody defending Ozzie's piss poor management, and calling out the "Ozzie Haters".

No one in there right mind is defending Mark Buehrle, hence, no "Buehrle Haters" thread.

Comprede?

Guillen gets raked over every day on this site while Anderson, Buehrle and the like get a free ride.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
This comming from the guy who's never seen a negative Buehrle thread, you can't be all that perceptive then.

Everyone who reads these threads knows what you are (misspellings and all.) You're comfortable with that so I have no issue with you on a personal level.

This comming from the guy who's never seen a negative Buehrle thread, you can't be all that perceptive then.

The continuing decline of Mark Buerhle monster thread that pops up yearly like clockwork doesnt ring a bell do this guy. LOL

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)

Comprede?

This guy sounds like someone of old to me... not sure who.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
If we get into the playoffs, and repeat as World Champions everyone would love Ozzie.

This is a false statement.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
I read often enough to know you don't understand the game.

Also a false statement.

If he has ever even browsed a white sox forum he should come along plenty... in a day.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
We lost, so Oz is a bum ... tonight.

We win tomorrow and he'll be good again.

I think he's good everyday. He's a young young manager who already has a ring.

He'll be great the more mature he gets on the bench.

GO OZ!

:cheers

:lol:

Look, no matter what you say, there is no way in hell that the 2005 team wins the World Series without Ozzie Guillen. I don't care what kind of spin you want to put on this.

<<<< Specifically, I've seen a lot of comments directed towards AJ's fluke play being the only reason we survived the Anaheim series. What. The. f***. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game was tied 1-1. Is there something I'm missing about that? Were we going to automatically lose in the tenth inning? I'm confused. If you honestly thought that that team was going down to that inferior west coast team, that's appalling. Even if we go down 2-0 we still win that series. Anaheim was running on fumes and they had too many injuries. >>>>

Back to the point. Ozzie Guillen's vision of rebuilding the White Sox was the reason the team was even put in a position to win the division last year. It was Ozzie Guillen who demanded that Kenny reconstruct the roster around what he wanted - with more speed at the top of the lineup. Sure, KW went along with it, and made the moves, but as I understand it, the impetus was from Ozzie. And even though Podsednik basically sucks now, he was the catalyst of last year's lineup and a true leadoff hitter is the reason why we were able to succeed with players like Carl Everett and a one-legged Frank Thomas DHing. It was that style of play that won. Not Carlos Lee and a bunch of right handed beefcakes taking batting practice.

Love him or hate him now, Ozzie Guillen is the reason why we got Freddy Garcia to re-sign in Chicago. Without Freddy, we don't win the series last year.

It was under Ozzie Guillen's managing that Garland was able to finally live up to his potential, something that Jerry Manuel was never able to have faith in.

It was Ozzie Guillen who kept the team's motivation up. Whatever that means, you cannot deny that the team last year NEVER quit.

There are several more reasons why Guillen was invaluable.

Suddenly now, he's the worst manager to ever don a uniform and people are calling for his head. Yes, he has made some atrocious decisions this year. But to discount his impact last season is ludicrous. Absurdly ludicrous.

He may not last even one more season in Chicago, but I will never, ever for a second believe anything else but that Ozzie Guillen was one of the most important reasons the White Sox ever won the World Series. Everything had to go right for us to pull that off. And that includes the manager being the manager.

It honestly sickens me to read some of these posts.

Last year was LAST YEAR. Winning a World Series does not give you a free pass. If you want to give him the credit. You have to give him the blame. If you say this year the players are just not performing, then you must say last year it was the players and not ozzie.