9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Hawk getting on the Sox pretty good.

The Sox are just so lifeless right now. They're playing terrible baseball, and way too many of them are having selfish at-bats. I think Sandy Alomar has swung at 9 pitches tonight, and he's yet to hit one in fair territory.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Hawk getting on the Sox pretty good.

Well we couldnt possibly lay a bigger egg than we have tonight. But I can't say I expect much more when Sandy Alomar is playing. Can we give Joey Cora, Harold and Rock Raines a few AB's too?

We just don't have a good team. Our lineup tonight

-Ozuna (role player)

-Mackowiak (role player)

-Uribe (isn't that good)

-Anderson (a kid, but far from a good hitter right now)

-Alomar (should be a Shady Oaks Retirement Center)

Throw in the BP pitching from Buehrle and its not hard to see why we are getting wood-shedded. I think we are the most over-rated team in baseball right now...sub .500 since the ASB with little hope in sight in the minors.

Uribe is worthless. People get on Anderson to learn how to hit. How about the guy who tells everyone before the game he is going deep, then spends the next 4 ABs spinning himself into the ground trying to make his prediction come true. What a worthless baseball player He makes Royce clayton look like a stud at the plate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Uribe is worthless. People get on Anderson to learn how to hit. How about the guy who tells everyone before the game he is going deep, then spends the next 4 ABs spinning himself into the ground trying to make his prediction come true. What a worthless baseball player He makes Royce clayton look like a stud at the plate.

Uribe doesn't even hit the ball hard anymore. It seems like every ball he hits into play is a weak pop up to the 2nd baseman. I miss the Uribe from a few years ago who would drive the ball to right field. For now, he's just another MLB player who lost his opposite field power after 2004.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
This is a tryout for the rotation next season. A few Soxtalkers think this guy will be fine to fill in for Javy next season.... :lol:

I don't want to ever see him be in the starting rotation. I'll be happy if we include him in a trade.

Why is it the Sox let rookies and scrubs go off on them? Do they not read scouting reports? I can understand Sizemore who's just an excellent player but Jason Michaels hasn't done a thing for them all yr, yet he's 2 -3. And Ryan Garko's a rook who's 3 - 3 tonight!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:53 AM)
glad to see charlie's made some real improvement since the last time we saw him.

Didn't his numbers stink after he got sent back to AAA?

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Do knuckleballers have trade value? (this is a serious question) :P

He could be a solid throw-in.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)

Aren't you glad he got rid of the leg-kick?

I don't think either Pedro Lopez or Robert Valido are ready. Lopez is further up, but not considered as good as SS...there is always Valendia, but he's 32 years old I think. We are stunk with Uribe again next year unless we can make a deal to bring in someone. I think we need to upgrade at this position...we dont need .320/35/100 hitters, but the bottom of our order is littered with .230

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
I don't think either Pedro Lopez or Robert Valido are ready. Lopez is further up, but not considered as good as SS...there is always Valendia, but he's 32 years old I think. We are stunk with Uribe again next year unless we can make a deal to bring in someone. I think we need to upgrade at this position...we dont need .320/35/100 hitters, but the bottom of our order is littered with .230

I would LOVE for us to make a run at Tejada. However, I think names like Lugo or Rollins are more realistic.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
I would LOVE for us to make a run at Tejada. However, I think names like Lugo or Rollins are more realistic.

Fathom. I think Tejada is wearing down at short-stop. His range is much diminished and he has been erratic at the position. I envision a switch to 3rd base for him.

Rollins? You betcha...I'd love to get a guy like that. I love Lugo's offense, but his defense sometimes isn't that good...although this year he really closed the gap on Uribe defensively and is way better offensively.

I think in any deal involving a SS we'll deal one of our two prospects (Valido, Lopez) and one of our scrub pitchers.