9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This season just really needs to end. Of all times to be getting your butts kicked. This team has no interest in winning anything this year. The 6 game trip to the west coast will be the official end as I expect to lose 5 of 6.

They have been given every chance by the Tigers to get right back in this and they are crapping it all away. They look like they are satisfied with one year of greatness and now just want it over so they can go home to their Scottsdale mansions and play golf.

Thank goodness we have football.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Fathom. I think Tejada is wearing down at short-stop. His range is much diminished and he has been erratic at the position. I envision a switch to 3rd base for him.

Rollins? You betcha...I'd love to get a guy like that. I love Lugo's offense, but his defense sometimes isn't that good...although this year he really closed the gap on Uribe defensively and is way better offensively.

I think in any deal involving a SS we'll deal one of our two prospects (Valido, Lopez) and one of our scrub pitchers.

Lopez has no value, and Valido's stock can't get much lower than it is now. Remember that Ozzie wants to upgrade our speed, and there's not a lot of other positions we can do it at. I don't care if Tejada's range has diminished...his bat is good enough to make up for it.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
I wonder why thome didn't homer on that pitch

he normally would

Cause I can't remember the last time he got a hit against a starting LHP.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
Lopez has no value, and Valido's stock can't get much lower than it is now. Remember that Ozzie wants to upgrade our speed, and there's not a lot of other positions we can do it at. I don't care if Tejada's range has diminished...his bat is good enough to make up for it.

I don't want Tejada...He is just another hitter who gives us no speed and no defense that would cost a PRETTY PENNY...a penny we may not have. What elite prospects would the Orioles go for? They need pitching and we have nothing at pitching, at least nothing elite.

I want...

I want a fast, good playing defensive shortstop who can move runners over, bunt and steal (we have plenty of home run hitters)

A left fielder who can actually play the position, another speed guy, maybe a line drive type hitter, potential leadoff guy

A center fielder who will not hit below .240. Anderson may be the guy, I dont know, but we need to go into next year with options at least. We had none this year and Mack was put out there to die

A competent backup catcher not born during the Great Depression that is a quality defender and decent righty bat

At least one, possibly two, new starting pitchers...

I think the pen is fine, we are good in RF, 3rd base, 2nd base (although Getz will be there in a year or two), 1st, C....

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
not to get anyone's hopes up...but that tribe bullpen is ripe for the picking. If we had some pickers, that is.

Doesn't Betancourt usually shut the Sox down or is he stinking up the joint this yr?

And Jermaine doesn't know how many outs there are. He just put his head down and ran to 3rd. That won't do much for your MVP chances.