Sox fans, Brace for Changes

DBAHO

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
Quit jumping off of the bandwagon, the kid is going to be back in Chicago next year, and he will be just fine.

Yeah I don't see how the Sox would not pick up his option this off-season.

I mean those calling for Zito, Zito's going to probably get a bigger contract than what Roy Oswalt got, because he'll have the 2 New York teams after him, and other big market teams like the Cubs as well.

If Buehrle turns it around, great you can attempt to re-sign him to a long - term deal, trade him at the deadline, or get the 2 draft picks if he leaves.

You wouldn't let him just walk away without getting some type of compensation for him after what he's achieved over the past 5 or so seasons.

Buehrle's just been owned by the Indians this season, they're his bogey team. Before last night though, he actually had 4 quality starts in his last 5.

I doubt the Sox go after Hunter. We still won't have a leadoff hitter then. Unless KW can find a leadoff capable SS. My #1 goal would be to swoop Crawford from Tampa. Then you can leave B. Anderson out in CF. Then package a mega deal to Baltamore for Tejada and Bedard.

Tampa would want McCarthy, Sweeney and another top prospect. And I say do it.

Then trade Garcia, Broadway, Uribe and cash for Tejada and Bedard.

Your 2007 Chicago White Sox:

Starting Rotation:

Buerhle, Garland, Contreras, Vazquez, Bedard

Starting lineup:

Crawford LF

Iguchi 2B

Tejada SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Crede 3B

Pierzynski C

Anderson CF

Okay yeah that would be unfair for everyone! But if we miss the playoffs i expect something along these lines for KW.

Yeah that would be my ultamate bday present (today is my birthday) hopefully KW can pull something off like this.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
Well if Sweeney is starting it better be in left field with a new shortstop to leadoff. I'll be completely lost and pretty pissed if Brian isn't the starting cf next season.

You could have Sweeney and Anderson down the bottom of the order, with a guy like Jimmy Rollins leading off.

Rollins has been mentioned on here quite a bit. Since Ozzie wants more speed in the lineup getting another LF like Dellucci seems unrealistic now.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Then trade Garcia, Broadway, Uribe and cash for Tejada and Bedard.

And then, let's trade Pablo Ozuna to St Louis for Albert Pujols.

After that, let's trade Buehrle for Johan Santana and Matt Garza.

Then, we trade Tadahito Iguchi for Chase Utley and Ryan Howard. Howard'll be a solid bat off the bench.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
I will predict right now we will sign either Julio Lugo or Juan Pierre this offseason.

I see Lugo ending up with Mets. They have a hole at 2B and he was a fan of theirs growing up.

Pierre would yeah be more realistic (where's Jeckle with his PIERRE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!) posts when ya need him. :D

Lugo's probably going to get around 5/40M as well I would say. Don't know about Pierre contract wise though.

Zito is a flyball pitcher, at the cell it would be disaster.

KW should be trying to accquire either sinkerball types, or strike out stuff guys if the cell is going to stay the way it is. We should at least try and start to take those types of arms in the draft for the next few years. We have our 2 safe guys now, Broadway and McCulloch. We can now start to go after stuff guys, guys who project better than 4th or 5th starter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 09:45 AM)

Then, we trade Tadahito Iguchi for Chase Utley and Ryan Howard. Howard'll be a solid bat off the bench.

:lolhitting priceless. You know somewhere there is a fan from another team wanting to trade a used jock strap for Crede and their fans think the Sox would go for it.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
:lolhitting priceless. You know somewhere there is a fan from another team wanting to trade a used jock strap for Crede and their fans think the Sox would go for it.

Thankfully, Crede decided to become a power hitter this season. After Ozzie told him that he had to decide if he wanted to be a speed hitter or a power hitter, Crede decided to step it up and hit for power. Ozzie really is a saint.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)

WOw that would be tremendous! I love sarcasm!! Good one buddy. I agree that we probably wont get Tejada, but your saying Crawford is out of the question then? I love Sweeney and Anderson out there and all but having them both out there at the same time could be a disaster. Not defensively, but they can be offensive liabilities. I suppose if you bring Lugo over he can spell some of the leadoff problems. And yes that would be more 'realistic'.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
WOw that would be tremendous! I love sarcasm!! Good one buddy. I agree that we probably wont get Tejada, but your saying Crawford is out of the question then? I love Sweeney and Anderson out there and all but having them both out there at the same time could be a disaster. Not defensively, but they can be offensive liabilities. I suppose if you bring Lugo over he can spell some of the leadoff problems. And yes that would be more 'realistic'.

We don't have the pieces to get Crawford.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
Does he come with one of these?

ccjail.jpg

If so, I'd love him too :P

No, but he comes with a .366 OBP about 40 sb's and good defense.

Oh, and the reds have two younger players that are ready to step in, which would make him expendable.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
No, but he comes with a .366 OBP about 40 sb's and good defense.

Trust me, I like him and he's a solid player. How many times has he been arrested though in the last few years?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
I see Lugo ending up with Mets. They have a hole at 2B and he was a fan of theirs growing up.

Pierre would yeah be more realistic (where's Jeckle with his PIERRE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!) posts when ya need him. :D

BA >>>>>>>>> Pierre

I wouldn't get rid of Buerhle. I think I would remove him from the rotation for the rest of this year though. His back may be why he's leaving everything up and extremely hittable. Garcia, Vazquez even Contreras I would rid myself of, although it would have to take a lot more to get Contreras. I just don't see the Count being all that effective for the duration of his contract. There are more than a few people pretty close to the situation who swear the Count is older than Duque. I think the Sox make a run at Pierre as mentioned above. Even Levine mentioned he heard Pierre would be a White Sox target this offseason. Ozzie loves him. Personally, I have no problem with Uribe. I wish he would be more consistent and hit for a higher average. Unless you're replacing him with a superstar, I would keep him at SS. I would also see what kind of market there is for Iguchi. He's a good player, there's just something about him that I don't really like. I'd like to get a sparkplug type guy at 2B. Someone who will have a filthy uniform every game. Please KW, don't ignore the bullpen this offseason. He picked up some pieces at the end of spring training and a couple during the season, but it would be nice to have a solid bullpen from the get go.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
huh, never knew that. He is still a better player than PODS, maybe even when drunk.

There's absolutely no one that will disagree with you (well, maybe one person might). I can't see the Reds trading Freel now that they've given up Lopez (their other potential leadoff hitter).