Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
Because the large majority of posters are Bears fans? And idonno if you havent noticed.... but most Bear fans dont tend to like Greenbay. :bang

Last I checked this was a White Sox board. I didn't know you had to like the White Sox AND the Bears to post here. :bang

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
Last I checked this was a White Sox board. I didn't know you had to like the White Sox AND the Bears to post here. :bang

Get out, f***er.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
Why does Jake Plummer suck?

He's really frustrating again....one year wonder?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
At Vikings will be somewhat tough, but Brad Johnson SUCKS so the Bears should dominate that D. Just get 20 points and get on the plane 3-0.

If I'm remembering right, the Vikings are 8-3 since Johnson took over as the starting QB.

He may not be flashy, but he wins them games. That's all they really care about.

And the Vikings D looks pretty tough so far this year. It's gonna be a good game, that's for sure

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)

Nope you dont need to like the Bears... but this isnt the whitesox section this is the sports section. And when most people are Bears fans and most Bear fans hate Green Bay... well you do the math :bang

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
LJ will drive the field and Tynes will hit a game winner.

Tynes has been known for missing field goals in clutch situations.

It seems like the White Sox make everyone here pessimists for anything now-a-days.

The Broncos are going to win because Huard doesn't have any receivers to throw to plus he's not that good anyways.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
TO has a broken bone in his ring finger. He is going to have surgery tomorrow.

Yikes, thought something was up with those dropped passes he had today. Any word on how long he's out for?

And oh yes, our defense is GOOD. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Yikes, thought something was up with those dropped passes he had today. Any word on how long he's out for?

And oh yes, our defense is GOOD. :D

The Dallas Morning News reports that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens has broken the ring finger on his right hand. He believes that the injury may have occurred by having his hand caught in an opponent's jersey, and said that he expects to have surgery on Monday. Pins and a plate will likely be inserted into Owens' hand; he is slated to miss 2-4 weeks of action. Dallas has a bye in Week 3, giving Owens two full weeks to heal before his team takes on the Titans. If Owens can't play Week 4, teammate Terry Glenn will be a gold-star matchup in Tennessee.

Can't say I'm not happy about this news.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 04:31 AM)
Good time to have the bye.

At least we showed tonight we can still score points without TO having a big impact.

Idonno you guys won... but didnt impress me that much. If anything Id say the Redskins showed they are more of a bad team. The penalties on both teams is pretty :chair

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Idonno you guys won... but didnt impress me that much. If anything Id say the Redskins showed they are more of a bad team. The penalties on both teams is pretty :chair

The Skins are just brutal on offense right now. They need to get that sorted out quick if they want to have any chance of making the playoffs.

We pretty much just blitzed Mark "I'll throw 2 seconds before the rush hits me" Brunell all day long. Ware is a stud, and Ellis is doing pretty good too.

Offensively I wouldn't say we're in great synch either. Owens obviously had a shocker, but there were a lot of dropped passes as well, but we still managed to score 27 points.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
If I'm remembering right, the Vikings are 8-3 since Johnson took over as the starting QB.

He may not be flashy, but he wins them games. That's all they really care about.

And the Vikings D looks pretty tough so far this year. It's gonna be a good game, that's for sure

He scored 6 points in regulation, and they lose without a lateral and a fake field goal. Color me unimpressed, but I'll eat my crow if they beat the Bears. Won't happen though.

Excellent game by the Bills yesterday. Losman not spectacular, but not needing to be spectacular with that defense; 0 interceptions was the key. The Bills sack Culpepper 7 times without Takeo Spikes.

If this Losman kid keeps developing, I like what they're starting to build there. He did yesterday exactly what the Bills should have been able to do last year; manage the game and let the defense win it.