Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I feel bad for Brady Quinn because he's going to the Raiders.

:crying

May be a homer call, but I would rather have Troy Smith than Brady Quinn any day of the week.

Oh and the #1 pick in last years draft: 1 sack

Mark Anderson (pick 159):5.5 sacks

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
Mark Anderson (pick 159):5.5 sacks

As a whole I think the upper half of first round picks are overrated. Sure, you get a helluvan athelete, and in most cases, a helluva player, but you also cough up a s***load of money. I really like to see when the Bears have a bunch of 2nd-4th round picks, as Angelo seems to have a real good grasp on those picks. With Grossman's success, his first round pick track record is looking a little bit better, but there still have been some fairly big misses.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Still the leader of our defense(Urlacher) was a first rounder and the leader of our offense(Grossman) was a first rounder. 1st rounders are mostly over-paid overall.... but there is also a reason they are in the 1st round as well.

And the 2006 defensive player of the year (Harris) was a first rounder.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
What a borefest tonight.

P.S. Rachel Nichols said during a report today that someone on Baltimore leads the NFL in sacks with 5. Guess she never heard of MARK ANDERSON!!!

There is a few people ahead of Scott in sacks. That doesn't matter though as he went to The Southern Illinois University.

If the Bears don't AT LEAST make the Super Bowl this year, it's an embarassment for the franchise. The "parody" (mediocrity) that is the NFL leaves them a wide open road to the crown, since Philly is the only team in the NFC other than the Bears that have shown anything this year, and even the AFC only appears to have a few legit squads.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's amazing to me the NFL is so popular. The games and product are a mediocre suckfest to be honest, and the only teams I've seen all year that looked like they were any more than mediocre are the Bears, Chargers, Eagles, Colts, and Jaguars. That leaves 27 of 32 teams. Ouch.

The Patriots haven't looked good, yet the Colt's who are coming from behind and playing like dog s*** are on your list.

I'd say there is 3-4 good teams in the NFC: Chicago, Philly, Dallas, Seattle.

And numerous good teams in the AFC: Indy, Jaxsonville, New England, San Diego, Denver, Baltimore, etc.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
The Patriots haven't looked good, yet the Colt's who are coming from behind and playing like dog s*** are on your list.

I'd say there is 3-4 good teams in the NFC: Chicago, Philly, Dallas, Seattle.

And numerous good teams in the AFC: Indy, Jaxsonville, New England, San Diego, Denver, Baltimore, etc.

Indy is 5-0 and has Peyton Manning. They are on the list. As for your lists, Dallas has no quarterback right now, Seattle hasn't recovered from the loss of Hutchinson, Brady has nobody to throw the ball, and was handed that game by a horrible Miami team, Denver has no offense, and Baltimore has no offense. And who the hell is etc?

The NFL, as usual, has 25 or so teams that completely SUCK, which is why I don't understand the popularity of the product of mediocrity. Right now, you have the Bears, Eagles, Chargers, Colts (sort of), Jacksonville, and a pile of poop. I'm sure another team or two will emerge, but this league overall has a crap product.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
Indy is 5-0 and has Peyton Manning. They are on the list. As for your lists, Dallas has no quarterback right now, Seattle hasn't recovered from the loss of Hutchinson, Brady has nobody to throw the ball, and was handed that game by a horrible Miami team, Denver has no offense, and Baltimore has no offense. And who the hell is etc?

The NFL, as usual, has 25 or so teams that completely SUCK, which is why I don't understand the popularity of the product of mediocrity. Right now, you have the Bears, Eagles, Chargers, Colts (sort of), Jacksonville, and a pile of poop. I'm sure another team or two will emerge, but this league overall has a crap product.

How do you know so much about the league if you think it sucks? You obviously enjoy it if you know all about these teams.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 03:47 AM)
How do you know so much about the league if you think it sucks? You obviously enjoy it if you know all about these teams.

Plus, is it really different in MLB? For the most part, you have the elite -- Detroit, both New Yorks, Minnesota. You have the pretty damn good -- Sox, Oakland, Boston, Anahiem. And the rest.

And below the rest, you have the NL (sans the Mets, of course). :D

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Plus, is it really different in MLB? For the most part, you have the elite -- Detroit, both New Yorks, Minnesota. You have the pretty damn good -- Sox, Oakland, Boston, Anahiem. And the rest.

And below the rest, you have the NL (sans the Mets, of course). :D

That's how it is in every league. When you have so many teams, that's just how it's going to have to work. I'm interested how you sorted out your list for the mlb teams though. Trying not to jinx your A's? :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
That's how it is in every league. When you have so many teams, that's just how it's going to have to work. I'm interested how you sorted out your list for the mlb teams though. Trying not to jinx your A's? :P

QUOTE(The Cheat (October 27 @ 2005 -> 3AM))
If I were to pick a team to win it all next year right now, it would be the A's.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
Good teams in the NFL right now:

Bears, Colts, Broncos, Chargers, and Eagles.

Teams on the brink:

Jaguars, Ravens, and Bengals.

If you are going to put the Bengals on the brink, you MUST include the only team that completely ripped them apart.

The Patriots are still a very solid team, and will win 11 games and the AFC East(and yeah, I'm kind of backing off my preseason prediction of Miami winning the East...looks like my jinx has worked wonders so far :D )

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)

I enjoy watching the NFL when the teams are good. I do not watch games that don't involved the good teams i mentioned (I didn't watch tonight's game at all, for example, however the box score makes it obvious it was ugly).