Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 03:19 AM)
Yeah, they had the best until Ellis got hurt, the Bears were 2nd until Harris got hurt. The exposition of both will come in the playoffs though. Take the Saints/Eagles as the NFC Super Bowl rep to the bank.

Oh, and Madden doing the game Sunday with Brett Favre=hurls.

Hahaha, face it man, they NEVER had the best front 7.

Is anyone else getting really annoyed at how everyone on TV talking about football seems contractually obligated to spend the last few weeks of the season finding every possible way to express verbally how the playoff possibilities are too complex for such a meager television correspondent to understand?

from rotoworld.com

Tony Romo was forced to change his cellphone number after it was posted on the Philadelphia Eagles' team website.

Romo told the Dallas Morning News that several Eagles fans had been leaving him messages. His number was posted on a "fan forum" section.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
from rotoworld.com

Tony Romo was forced to change his cellphone number after it was posted on the Philadelphia Eagles' team website.

Romo told the Dallas Morning News that several Eagles fans had been leaving him messages. His number was posted on a "fan forum" section.

Sounds like Drew Bledsoes work to me for sure.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
They just made a call in the Titans/Pats game that is likely going to turn the game around.

They just made a similar call in the Pitt/Cincy game. Pitt got jobbed on that last possession. Called with roughing the passer, absolutely weak considering Farrior had already made contact with Palmer as Palmer was releasing the ball. Then they called a TJ Housh fumble an incomplete pass -- it was close, but it looked like a fumble to me. And then they gave the Bengals about 20 yards on a PI call where Chris Henry was doing as much damage as the defender was.

That's a shame. I have no rooting interest, but that sucks.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
They just made a similar call in the Pitt/Cincy game. Pitt got jobbed on that last possession. Called with roughing the passer, absolutely weak considering Farrior had already made contact with Palmer as Palmer was releasing the ball. Then they called a TJ Housh fumble an incomplete pass -- it was close, but it looked like a fumble to me. And then they gave the Bengals about 20 yards on a PI call where Chris Henry was doing as much damage as the defender was.

That's a shame. I have no rooting interest, but that sucks.

Ya I've been flipping between some games and that roughing call on Farrior was trash.

Nothing I like seeing more than a Redhawk pass to a buckeye to send the Cincy Convicts home for the season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
How fast have the Cowboys gone from looking like world-beaters to either losing to or barely eeking out a win over the Lions (if the Cowboys manage to come back)?

They were never world beaters, ESPN just said they were.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I believe that the Lions victory knocks the Packers out of the playoffs.

The Packers have no f***ing prayer.

They needed 8 teams to pull upsets today + a win over the Bears.

Hahaha Tony Romo f***ing pwned.

f***in jagoff Patriots pass for a TD with under 2 minutes left in a game that's over. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 08:02 AM)
How fast have the Cowboys gone from looking like world-beaters to either losing to or barely eeking out a win over the Lions (if the Cowboys manage to come back)?

Digusting to go from where we were a few weeks back against Tampa Bay to where we are now.

Our pass defense is horrible, stupid mistakes on offense.

Parcells and Owens could both be gone at this rate.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 31, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Is that Pink song for Sunday Night Football annoying or catchy? I need help.

It's actually pretty catchy. Today couldn't have gone any worse. I have been one of Rex's biggest supporters, but Griese needs to start the playoff game. Rex has some of the worst mental toughness I have ever seen in a QB. The defense worries keeps me worried too, we made Ruvell Martin look like Jerry Rice. The only positive from this game is Benson, He's gonna be our starter next year and he's gonna be a stud.