Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
I feel ill right now.

As you should. Typical performance from an Eastern Illinois graduate.

This is appropriate as well in this instance. :D

choking-old.jpg

Watch people say this was a "team loss," even though everyone knows it's entirely Romo's fault. Similarily, I hate when such an idea is applied to baseball. There are individual losses, everyone knows it, but it's easier to toss blame across an entire team.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
As you should. Typical performance from an Eastern Illinois graduate.

This is appropriate as well in this instance. :D

choking-old.jpg

Watch people say this was a "team loss," even though everyone knows it's entirely Romo's fault. Similarily, I hate when such an idea is applied to baseball. There are individual losses, everyone knows it, but it's easier to toss blame across an entire team.

There were key mistakes made in the game all round.

That last challenge killed us though, even though it was the correct call. But Romo's mistake was inexcusable, and he should never be put in that spot again.

TO won't be back (and good riddance Mr. Dropsy), I'm almost certain of that. I actually hope we target Mike Williams if he's cut, he had a very nice game against us last week, and he could be another Keyshawn still possibly.

We need a stud free safety (becuase Roy Williams cannot cover as you saw tonight), another pass rushing linebacker (although Carpenter may grow into the role, and he was pretty good tonight), and maybe a new cornerback to replace Henry, although he has been playing with a bum knee.

Offensively I think we're pretty well set, although we may try to find upgrades on the right hand side of the line, and get younger at the WR spot.

And I hope Parcells is back, because frankly I think he's deserved better than what he's got, in his 4 years at Valley Ranch.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
Any news on how Greg Ellis is progressing and if he will return next year? The defense seemed to totally change after his injury, which really sucks because he was having another good season in his first stint at LB at the pro level.

No I haven't heard anything about it, which is probably a good thing. Still at his age, coming back from a torn achilles isn't going to be easy, which is why if there's a good young pass rusher who can play the OLB in the 3-4, I think we should go after him.

And you're right about the impact it had on our D. Because then other teams are keying up on Ware, who was our only other pure pass rusher.

Spears and Canty need to step it up next season though. Jason Hatcher is one to watch out for though.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 01:19 AM)
Carpenter will develop into a good pash rusing LB you just watch. He may take a season or two, but all in all, he is better than AJ Hawk who was drafted before him.

Carpenter wont be better than AJ Hawk, he could possibly become a good LB but better than Hawk? Thats not happening, Hawk had a great rookie season and showed signs of being a very good LB

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
Carpenter wont be better than AJ Hawk, he could possibly become a good LB but better than Hawk? Thats not happening, Hawk had a great rookie season and showed signs of being a very good LB

IM telling you, from watching both of them every snap in college, I always thought Carpenter would be better, and I thought he was senior year as well. Its a hunch, nothing more.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
Props to the Colts. I really thought LJ might break a record yesterday. And LMAO@the Cowboys. Sorry DBAHO. You would laugh to if that had happened to anybody else but your team.

Yeah I would. It's the 2nd time this season, something like that has happened to us though, maybe we're just jinxed with kicking field goals forever.

Funny thing is, if Gramatica actually got a decent block on Babieneux, then Romo walks in for the TD. He was only a yard shy of the first down anyways.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
It's going to be funny when the Cowboys lose their first playoff game this year.

Sorry dabs. Just thought you guys were overrated all along.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Chargers/Pats next week.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
Plax is single handedly keeping the Giants alive.

He had his TD catch in the 1st drive, than was non existent until the 4th quarter. Too bad the overrated Giants defense lays an egg down the stretch. They didn't belong in the playoffs anyway.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
He had his TD catch in the 1st drive, than was non existent until the 4th quarter. Too bad the overrated Giants defense lays an egg down the stretch. They didn't belong in the playoffs anyway.

If Eli Manning's name was Eli Floyd, would the Giants be considering hitting the FA market for a backup QB this offseason? Or thinking about using a draft pick on a QB?

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
If Eli Manning's name was Eli Floyd, would the Giants be considering hitting the FA market for a backup QB this offseason? Or thinking about using a draft pick on a QB?

If Eli Mannings name was Eli Floyd, would Philip Rivers be the quarterback of the Giants right now? ;)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
ESPN is reporting the Falcons have offered the head coach's spot to Ricky Petrino.

Would certainly be interesting to watch with Mike Vick in that high octane offense.

You've confused the football coach Bobby Petrino with the basketball coach Rick Pitino, and it looks like the falcons got him! ESPN