Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
Rex won this game for us. This guy deserves Michael Jordan type treatment this week. He's gotten so much s***, a lot of it deserved, this season. I don't ever want to hear the name Brian Griese again.

another lucky win, admit it!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Rex won this game for us. This guy deserves Michael Jordan type treatment this week. He's gotten so much s***, a lot of it deserved, this season. I don't ever want to hear the name Brian Griese again.

I don't know if he deserves Michael Jordan treatment, he's only won 1 playoff game, but it's your team and he did do a nice job today.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)

I wouldn't say he won us the game, but I'd give him a 'plus' grade; his only real mistakes were his fumble (should've just took the sack there, you're not going to outrun anybody, much less Julian Peterson) and when he threw behind a wide open Berrian (although Berrian did still have a chance to grab that ball).

His long throw to Berrian was money. A gem.

If we play like this against the Saints, though, we're going to lose by two scores.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
I wouldn't say he won us the game, but I'd give him a 'plus' grade; his only real mistakes were his fumble (should've just took the sack there, you're not going to outrun anybody, much less Julian Peterson) and when he threw behind a wide open Berrian (although Berrian did still have a chance to grab that ball).

His long throw to Berrian was money. A gem.

If we play like this against the Saints, though, we're going to lose by two scores.

Oh come on, that throw hit Berrian in the hands...seriously, a QB's allowed to be off by less than a foot, still hit the receiver in the hands, with no defender around, and expect a ball to be caught. His only mistake to my eyes was the fumble, and an occasional mis-read of the blitz (but, he did a much better job of actually throwing the ball away when the blitz came instead of forcing a throw somewhere).

And on your second point...more specifically, if the defense plays like this against the saints, then they'll lose by 2 scores. The key to that game? The Bears must generate turnovers. If the Saints hold onto the ball, with the way the Bears defense is playing right now (bending pretty readily), I think the Saints will break through.

The Saints...are coming...

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 04:40 AM)
They've said it's due to Rex's awesome ability to run play action, and they don't want to ever eliminate that option by taking a shotgun snap. Right or wrong, that's just what i've heard numerous times.

They never used the gun before Rex, it didn't matter who the QB was. I haven't seen them use the gun in at least five years. It makes no sense, with Rex's size and the fact he used it all the time in college.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)
After that turn of events, Bears absolutely need a touchdown. STEP 1: Bring...in...Benson. Jones' jukin' and jiven' doesn't appear to be doing much these last few drives.

I don't know why they aren't using Cedric more. He has a good series, then he disappears. Also, Devin Hester annoys me with all these fumbles, don't pick up the bal when you have nowhere to go. Big win for the Bears though, It got pretty nerveracking. Hopefully we take care of the Saints next week.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Oh come on, that throw hit Berrian in the hands...seriously, a QB's allowed to be off by less than a foot, still hit the receiver in the hands, with no defender around, and expect a ball to be caught. His only mistake to my eyes was the fumble, and an occasional mis-read of the blitz (but, he did a much better job of actually throwing the ball away when the blitz came instead of forcing a throw somewhere).

And on your second point...more specifically, if the defense plays like this against the saints, then they'll lose by 2 scores. The key to that game? The Bears must generate turnovers. If the Saints hold onto the ball, with the way the Bears defense is playing right now (bending pretty readily), I think the Saints will break through.

The Saints...are coming...

Agree 100% with all of this.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
WH and I were talking about this during the game, the Chargers lost this game when they stopped going to LT. He was having no problem running through their D.

But thank you for not doing so.

The Colts get New England at home next week.

Indy will finally get NE at home like they've tried

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
That game followed the usual Patriots' script. I swear, New England games are easily the most predictable in sports. They always have those flukey plays go their way, penalties on the other team, etc.

they're like the Minnesota Twins of a few years back, except they've won some championships.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Not sure if anyone is watching ESPNEWS, but this is the first time I have ever heard any sort of trash talk from LT.

Someone asked him if he felt disrespected by the Pats doing the Merimon dance or whatever, and he said something along the lines of "Yes, I thought it was very disrespectful, and maybe it comes from there coach."

If LT is saying something bad about someone you better listen, he's a total class act who never opens his mouth.

He was f***ing PISSED at someone after the game.

Wonder if Marty will bolt to Miami now, with his son Brian becoming the new offensive co-ordinator there?

Right now I think it'll be a Saints - Pats Superbowl, but anything can happen.

Colston - Tillman should be a heck of a matchup next week as well.

Eventful day for me today. I got up at 6am all tired and headed to work. At 9am, a lady comes in and says, "I have a wierd request. My husband is a Bears season ticket holder but he is sick and I have to get rid of these tickets. I'm not even asking anything for them."

I checked them out. 4th row off the field near one of the endzone's. I was like, "I'd take em but I have to be here." Than my manager says, "Brian, take them."

So I bolted out the door and got to the game. Hitched a ride at the last sec with a buddy who is a season ticket holder.

Game winning FG was right in front of me.

Who just gives away great seats to a Bears playoff game like that? My lucky day!