Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes him a tool? That he shoved a cameraman out of his way while going mid-field? Or something else that I'm unaware of?

All the same, I'm of the opinion that grumpy and snarky people aren't bad at all, so unless he's out there driving up to the curb to splash fragile old women, I don't think I'll be too bothered by his "tool" behavior.

In 2003, the New England Patriots released popular safety Lawyer Milloy, who signed with the Buffalo Bills and helped his new team shutout New England on opening weekend, 31-0. On an episode of NFL Countdown, Tom Jackson claimed that the Patriots were not behind head coach Bill Belichick, saying the following: "Let me say this clearly: they hate their coach." His provocative claim drew fervent denials from the Patriots locker room. Belichick was stunned by the remark and the lack of an apology as the season continued. The Patriots recovered from the Buffalo loss and finished the regular season at a league-best 14-2. After the team was victorious in Super Bowl XXXVIII over the Carolina Panthers, Jackson attempted to shake Belichick's hand. The coach responded: "Go f*** yourself." The post-game interview with Belichick was handled entirely by Chris Berman.

In addition, Belichick is often criticized for his spiteful demeanor towards the media and towards opposing team’s coaches. In the Patriots’ previous two 2006 regular season matchups against the New York Jets, Belichick snubbed former disciple and current Jets’ head coach Eric Mangini at midfield after the game by refusing to shake hands with or acknowledge Mangini’s sportsmanlike gestures.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack...rticleid=149076

+LT Comments

+Cameraman

That's nothing. Tom Jackson had it coming; Mangini should suck it up; the Cameraman shouldn't have been in the way (and should've had better balance); also, LT should put out what he's talking about, specifically, that he think Belichick did wrong to him/his team (besides what he did right: namely, beat them) or shut up.

Also: I kind of appreciate a little bad attitude here and there.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
That's nothing. Tom Jackson had it coming; Mangini should suck it up; the Cameraman shouldn't have been in the way (and should've had better balance); also, LT should put out what he's talking about, specifically, that he think Belichick did wrong to him/his team (besides what he did right: namely, beat them) or shut up.

Also: I kind of appreciate a little bad attitude here and there.

YAY ADULTERY

YAY SPURNING A FORMER ASSISTANT

YAY TAKING THE HIGH ROAD WITH JACKSON

YAY GOING KENNY ROGERS ON AN INNOCENT CAMERA MAN

YAY PISSING OFF ONE OF THE CLASSIEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE

YAY ADULTERY

YAY SPURNING A FORMER ASSISTANT

YAY TAKING THE HIGH ROAD WITH JACKSON

YAY GOING KENNY ROGERS ON AN INNOCENT CAMERA MAN

YAY PISSING OFF ONE OF THE CLASSIEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE

I concur.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
Shocking.

I think everybody appreciates a little bad attitude and bad behavior here and there. And everybody's guilty of it, too.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
I wish Bill Belichick were our Coach.

I much prefer Lovie Smith.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
They never used the gun before Rex, it didn't matter who the QB was. I haven't seen them use the gun in at least five years. It makes no sense, with Rex's size and the fact he used it all the time in college.

Actually Rex said he doesnt like the shotgun and the only reason they put it in was the request of the O-line. So even if they really want it to be put in, Rex doesnt want to run it anyway.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
What member of the Bears org pissed in Wojo's Cheerios?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...&id=2731418

What a douche

almost a replica of an article he wrote around week 15 where he said the bears would be 1 and done in the playoffs this year for the same reasons he lists in this article

he's an idiot, who cares

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
Man, it'll be great to see Tom Brady rip up the Colts in the playoffs again.

Also: haha Chargers and Ravens.

Never impressed.

PS: Saints scare me in NFC Championship, but I think it'll be a Bears-Patriots Super Bowl, and another ring on Tom Brady's hand.

The Colts can just plain ol' outscore the Patriots in this one. The Chargers played down to the Pats today. What makes you think the Pats can come into Indy and "rip up the Colts?"

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
He's fine and well. I like him. But I'd take about seven guys over him, if they were available.

Not me, he has had a ridiculous success rate since he took over the Bears. We are back to back division champions and are in the first NFC title game since the 80's. i couldnt think of anyone I would like more coaching the bears than what we have now.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
I wouldn't care if the Bears had three rings.

Your choice, as I already noted.

I already said he is a great coach, but it's not like he hasn't had incredible talent.

I'll take the classy yet awfully successful Lovie Smith

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
Also: haha Chargers

Never impressed.

Really don't understand this at all. One of the more explosive offenses in the game, and a ridiculously fast defense...how can you not be impressed?

I understand not expecting them to win in the postseason, just because Schottenheimer is such a tool...but not impressed? They were pretty much easily the best team in the AFC this year, both record wise and overall.