Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:58 AM)
Just to verify, I found a 06 source that said the same thing. Faceguarding is completely legal in the NFL. The only thing that can cause PI is contact.

There were a couple of bad calls (or non-calls) against the Pats. There was a non-call PI in the endzone against Caldwell (?) where it looked like the Colts DB innitiated some contact, and that Roughing the Passer call seemed pretty weak.

That said, kudos to the Colts, and damn -- this is going to be two LONG weeks...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 08:58 AM)
Parcells out in Dallas.

Man, if that's true, you beat both ESPN.com and SI.com to the story.

Guess it's not terribly surprising. Either Parcells or TO were going to be gone from that team after this year, maybe both.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 09:07 AM)
Give it about 2 more min....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738949

Winner.

I could see Rivera going down to Dallas. Thought we might be able to keep him around....

Yeah, Dallas would probably be moderately intelligent to jump at Rivera. Unless Jerry Jones wants to make a real splash and makes a run at Carrol or something like that, which he may very well try to do.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 09:20 AM)
Yeah, Dallas would probably be moderately intelligent to jump at Rivera. Unless Jerry Jones wants to make a real splash and makes a run at Carrol or something like that, which he may very well try to do.

Dallas may be willing to spend big bucks. At the same time Jones could look at Rivera but the Cowboys seem to have a tendency as of late to go after offensive minded coaches. Oh and I'd love it if Carrol went to the Boys. I don't think he'd be as good of a coach in the NFL, plus I hate the Trojans and it would hurt them.

I could've sworn faceguarding is legal in the NCAA and illegal in the NFL.

Ellis Hobbs though, aside from that one play represented ISU nicely.

Oh and Gage, I'm now madly in love with Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders.

Someone tell Marvin Harrison he doesn't have to suck just as bad as Peyton in the playoffs.

Oh, and Greasy....

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
I could've sworn faceguarding is legal in the NCAA and illegal in the NFL.

Ellis Hobbs though, aside from that one play represented ISU nicely.

Oh and Gage, I'm now madly in love with Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders.

Someone tell Marvin Harrison he doesn't have to suck just as bad as Peyton in the playoffs.

Oh, and Greasy....

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

you better be doing the awesome dance from that commerical, heads

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
you better be doing the awesome dance from that commerical, heads

I did a completely different dance the other night, under the...um...influence.

It's just nice that I can give a damn about one of the teams in the Super Bowl this year. It should be a good game.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
Ditker says he thinks Parcells will come back in the right situation on ESPNNEWS.He says he is a lifetime kinda coach.I tend to believe that.

I would not be terrifically surprised if he wound up taking over the Giants after another Coughlin-disaster next year.

But, given his age, I also wouldn't be surprised if he did call it quits. I really doubt he'll be able to stay healhty much longer if he keeps putting himself under NFL-Season stress levels.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
But, given his age, I also wouldn't be surprised if he did call it quits. I really doubt he'll be able to stay healhty much longer if he keeps putting himself under NFL-Season stress levels.

My grandfather loves to eat foods that are bad for him like Parcells loves to coach.My grandfather also had a quadruple bypass surgery and still eats food he loves.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)

Nice to see that Coach Belichick is a sore loser. Payton goes to shake hands, assbag ignores him and pouts to the sideline.

Well I can't comment too much, but Peyton Manning kept saying how classy the Patriots players are. How Belliceck, Brady, Bruschi and a couple other guys went out of there way after the game to come by and talk to Peyton and congratulate him and wish him luck in the Super Bowl.

Now that may just be Peyton playing the nice guy or it may not be, but since I'm not any of those guys I am going to have to take Peyton's word and what he said the players and coach did is nothing but classy, imo.

That said I like Belliceck, Brady and the Pats.

Especially considering peyton waited just to be able to talk to Belicheck.

Youd think that after 3 Super Bowl wins Belicheck could take a loss with a litte bit of dignity.

(I guess its possible that Beliechek later congratulted Manning, but after the game Manning was waiting for Belicheck after he talked with Dungy and Belicheck did not even raise his head up to acknowledge Manning.)

Edited by Soxbadger

Red, dude, you can't tell me you still don't think Bellichick is an asshole.

I understand it's a hard loss, but he couldn't say a f'ing word to Manning after Manning fought his ass off against one of the best defenses - or maybe the best defense - Bellichick has ever had. I mean, can he show atleast a little class and talk to him for 30 seconds on the field.

I can understand not wanting to talk after a loss though. I know I don't like to talk about the Sox after they lose, and I'm just a fan.

I agree with Jason.

With the comments Peyton made about the entire Patriots team, it's hard to take this stupid post by southsideirish seriously.

Also, considering all the commotion of the entire situation, I'd have done just as Belichick did. Let it sink in, and then congratulate, recap, etc. upon exiting the field.

If he had done it differently, his frustrations might have gotten the best of him, just as they did Tomlinson a week earlier.

He could have shook Manning's hand.

I dont really like or dislike him, but I think what a man would do in that situation is shake the other opponents hand.

Now if the Colts had lost and Manning did not want to shake the Pat's hands it would be different. That would be years of emotional losses.

But here the Pats won a lot more than they lost, Belicheck could have shook his hand and said good luck, even if he didnt mean it.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
I agree with Jason.

With the comments Peyton made about the entire Patriots team, it's hard to take this stupid post by southsideirish seriously.

Peyton won with class. He didnt call out the coach. Yet of course I didnt say something pro-Boston or pro-New England so I guess it must be wrong. Forget the video that I attached, I must of used some sort of video editing program just to malign the character of the great city of Boston and their wonderful franchises.