Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
The Bears would have the same record with Griese or Orton at QB. Somebody go ahead and try to debate it, but it won't work, because it's fact.

7-1 is a horrible record. Somebody go ahead and try to debate it, but it won't work, because it's a fact!

Joey Harrington is the best QB in the league. He won that game! Somebody go ahead and try to debate it, but it won't work, because it's a fact!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
The Bears would have the same record with Griese or Orton at QB. Somebody go ahead and try to debate it, but it won't work, because it's fact.

I'll debate it with Orton that's for sure.

Miami also have a pretty decent defense as well, when they actually feel like playing.

Probably a case of the Bears thought they had an easy win today, and it was far from the case. Probably the best thing that could have happened to them at this stage of the season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)

Miami also have a pretty decent defense as well, when they actually feel like playing.

Probably a case of the Bears thought they had an easy win today, and it was far from the case. Probably the best thing that could have happened to them at this stage of the season.

I will agree with that if Urlacher is not seriously hurt. We might be in trouble without him on D.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
I haven't seen any yet, and for some reason that worries me more.

The injury did look nasty though. Kinda Mike Brown/Cedric Benson (last season) esc. with the pile landing on his foot. He did stay in for a play with the extra point though so that gives me some hope to not expect the worst.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)

Miami actually had the 3rd ranked D in the league going into that game..

They arent as bad as the record shows, they have the 12th ranked O and 3rd ranked D coming into today.. The O should move up a spot or 2 due to them doubling their seasonal avg of rush yards and the D will prolly stay the same.. they have just been suspect to the big play which has cost them almost every loss, heavily on the secondary which really needs some work

I am coming to the realization that Chad Johnson maybe overrated. he runs his mouth and delivers pretty much 1 out of every 3 or 4 weeks. He has talent, no doubt, but just not putting up number of a year or so ago.

May have something to do with Palmer being off as well.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
It's not taking anything away from Marvin. Reggie Wayne is that good.

I wouldnt go as far to say Wayne is BETTER than Harrison.. but yeah Wayne is pretty damn good but Marvin is amazing and I dont even like the Colts

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
How in the hell did Freeny not bring Brady down on that play? He just bounced off of him. That was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

I think the pump fake Brady did made Freeney pull up to avoid putting a hit on him

QUOTE(T R U @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
I think the pump fake Brady did made Freeney pull up to avoid putting a hit on him

Which is a f***ing joke, because the NFL does so goddamn much to overprotect the QBs. They are grown f***ing men, they've played football their entire lives, I think they can take a f***ing hit.

If the stupid ass overprotective roughing the passer rule is not in play, Freeney hits the s*** out of Brady right there - or at the very least, sacks him. But because it's in play, he can't take him down for the sack, because if Brady is to throw it right there, Freeney gets flagged for a 15-yard penalty.

/rant

I also hate New England too

Atleast Indy just scored...wo0t

35 passes, 32 runs

4 picks, 1 fumble lost

Now obviously, the 5 turnover game is why NE lost, they beat themselves too as 3 of the turnovers were just unforced errors, but Belichick did a bad job tonight too. There is no excuse to throw it 35 times and only run it 32 against that Indy defense, which high schools could run against.

Nice job tonight by Manning though, as usual he is money in these kind of games. We'll see what he does in the playoffs for the rematch though. Again.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
35 passes, 32 runs

4 picks, 1 fumble lost

Now obviously, the 5 turnover game is why NE lost, they beat themselves too as 3 of the turnovers were just unforced errors, but Belichick did a bad job tonight too. There is no excuse to throw it 35 times and only run it 32 against that Indy defense, which high schools could run against.

Really, going with a balanced offensive attack is not a smart plan, especially when your quarterback is as good as Tom Brady is? That pretty much surprises the hell out of me.

It's also not easy to run the ball when you are losing by 2 scores, which New England was for much of the 4th quarter.

Also, it's not like New England tore up the ground. Of the 32 runs, they had 4 rushes that went for 10 or more yards, with the longest being a 17 yard run by Maroney. The Colts did a pretty good all-around job at shutting down the run tonight.

#1. The Pats averaged 4.5 a carry. You don't abandon that when your only down 7 like the Pats did in the 4th quarter of the game.

#2. You win by attacking the other teams weakness in the NFL. Yes the Pats have Brady, but they also have a couple damn good running backs. Usually, they are good at adjusting to defeat the other teams weakest link, but they didn't do it tonight.