Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Wow...LT is amazing. Threw the guy off him on the facemask to get a TD...than they get a sack and recover a fumble on the first offensive play following the kickoff and LT bursts in for another one.

4 Td's for LT and he's 2 away from being the fastest to 100.

Easily the best in the NFL. Sorry LJ.

Indy wins by 1. A-Train with another good game. Sucks he can't find a team to make him their #1.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Easily the best in the NFL. Sorry LJ.

Indy wins by 1. A-Train with another good game. Sucks he can't find a team to make him their #1.

I don't think it was ever debatable aside from a few stupid fantasy league people that picked LJ. LT is the best running back in NFL history (as of this stage of anyone's carees). I have no idea how long he'll stay on top of his game or if he'll suffer a serious injury or anything like that but he is the best I've ever seen.

Bhahaaa....TJ Houshmanada drops a first down pass and the Bengals have to punt.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Thank god you put this is your sentence.. :lol:

I think what makes him the best is how great he is all around (not only is he great around the goaline, not only can he break big runs at any point and take it to the house, but he is also a top notch receiver out of the backfield).

Oh Marshall Faulk had a couple years where he was ridiculous himself (in the all around stage).

There is this guy in one of my leagues who sat Chad Johnson and started Garrard over Philip Rivers.... :angry:

Still got decent games from Reggie Wayne and Stallworth. Not too mention the guy I'm playing is short on RBs cuz he had MacGahee and didn't pick up Thomas in time and has mike Bell in his lineup as he is inactive. I got a big mulligan this week. Phew.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
Looks like the Bungles are back...

Worst single half display of defense ever for both teams, but game far from over.

Baltimore blocks the game winning FG attempt for Tennesse and looks to escape with a good come from behind win.

From cbs.sportsline.com GLOG:

7:10 - 1Q

Hopefully Leinart will carry his new child with a little more care than he did that football. Cards were fortunate not to lose that one.

Anyone who had Marques Colston, Drew Brees, or Willie Parker is doing well this week.

Have to pimp Willie for a second, after todays 213 yard 2 TD performance, he's on pace for 1505 yards and 14 TD's.

BTW, the Steelers were ahead of the Saints after the 4th quarter clock reached 00:00. What in the world does that mean?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
WTF?

The ball is coming out? He still has the ball with his knee on the ground. How is that a fumble?

I don't understand how anyone could get that wrong. Even when his knee was obviously down, and Shockey had his hands on the ball, it was still in Tilman's grip.

I'm glad a touchdown was avoided, but three points means alot in this weather. With Grossman and a nonexistent running game everything is important. Don't need officials missing easy calls.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Jesus f***ing Christ.

So, will Grossman attempt a pass beyond 10 yards this half? Every set of downs appears the same: Giants blitz, Grossman backpedals, dumps off ball to someone for a minimal gain.

I say Grossman begins the 3rd quarter, and if his play doesn't improve Griese begins the 4th quarter. The offense is killing themselves and the defense with poor positioning.