Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable turnaround this second half.

At this rate, we're only losing if there's an offensive crucial turnover or Tillman is burned covering Burress.

Uh oh. Spoke too soon.

I'm surprised Giants didn't attempt a two-point conversion.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Bad challenge Lovie.

Although the officials did allow a play to stand on the field which was obvioulsy false.

The defense needs to begin blitzing Manning. That was the first one I"ve seen in atleast 10 minutes. We can't just continue to sit back and assume a pass pay, allowing Tiki to run through.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I didn't even notice it, but Hester did the little jump-shot move after returning the missed FG. Awesome.

This was an article I found regarding the 'move' from last week:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/468765p-394481c.html

The Giants take their jump-shot celebrations very seriously. So they were not happy yesterday when it was mocked by Houston defensive end Mario Williams and QB David Carr.

"Horrible," said Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce. "It was horrible by them. But it's props to us. At least it shows they watch TV down in Houston."

Added center Shaun O'Hara: "I think it was insulting as well."

The crowd at Giants Stadium obviously agreed, since they loudly booed Williams after he celebrated his second-quarter sack by faking a jump shot - mimicking the "Ballin'" celebration the Giants defense has been using since the bye week. O'Hara was so bothered by it he gave the rookie a shove.

"I just wanted to let him know this is our basketball court," O'Hara said. "He's entitled to do that. I wanted to make sure he knew it wasn't going to happen again."

Afterward, Williams sheepishly pleaded ignorance. "I didn't know it was a patented move for the Giants," he said. "I apologize."

Williams didn't do it again, but Carr did after his two-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter. Oddly, his jump shot drew a penalty for a "group celebration," though it wasn't clear who else was part of the group.

"Imitation is the biggest form of flattery," said Michael Strahan. "And ball out all you want. We will ball out with that 'W' and we will pack you back to Houston. If everyone wants to shoot the jump shot, thank you. Winning is all we care about ."

:cheers :lol: