Official NFL Thread

There's 1 main difference I see with Romo vs. Grossman.

When Rex gets pressure in his face, that's when he's prone to mistakes, throwing off his back foot etc. and throwing up interceptions.

Romo on the other hand, has excellent pocket presence, and he can escape the pocket, and make throws on the run. In fact, I'd say he's probably a better thrower when he's out in the open, but that's not to say he isn't a good passer in the pocket.

The main issue the Cowboys are going to have in the playoffs is their pass rush. When Ellis went down, it basically took their pass rush to being revolved around 1 guy, DeMarcus Ware, hence he's getting more double teams now.

The Boys need the likes of Chris Canty and Bobby Carpenter to step it up on passing downs, to help take the pressue off Ware. This is one area, where the Bears have a BIG advantage over the Cowboys, the ability to generate the rush.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idonno to me the Giants got the most pressure on Romo that ive seen so far and he did not look very well against them. I think the thing with Romo is the more he starts the more teams will understand how to play him.... By next season I dont expect him to be all that good at all and Dallas will be shopping for a QB in the draft.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Idonno to me the Giants got the most pressure on Romo that ive seen so far and he did not look very well against them. I think the thing with Romo is the more he starts the more teams will understand how to play him.... By next season I dont expect him to be all that good at all and Dallas will be shopping for a QB in the draft.

He still threw for 257 yards though, and he adjusted to the rush in the 2nd half.

Do I think he's a +100 QB rating quarterback? No I don't. But he's certainly the best QB we've had since Troy Aikman, and Romo looks like being our QB for the next 5-10 years.

There's a lot of similarities b/w him and Tom Brady (call me crazy).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
He still threw for 257 yards though, and he adjusted to the rush in the 2nd half.

Do I think he's a +100 QB rating quarterback? No I don't. But he's certainly the best QB we've had since Troy Aikman, and Romo looks like being our QB for the next 5-10 years.

There's a lot of similarities b/w him and Tom Brady (call me crazy).

Lol I see 0 similarities between him and Tom Brady.. so I will call you crazy. Also I wouldnt count on him for the next 5-10 years just yet. He does seem like the best QB since Aikman but is that really saying much?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Lol I see 0 similarities between him and Tom Brady .. so I will call you crazy. Also I wouldnt count on him for the next 5-10 years just yet. He does seem like the best QB since Aikman but is that really saying much?

They both replaced Drew Bledsoe

winnar

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Exactly. :D

And hopefully Romo leads our team to a superbowl win like Brady did. :)

Whoever goes to the Super Bowl from the NFC is going to get ROLLED by the AFC winner. Although it's interesting, I think the AFC Title game will end up being Indy vs. San Diego. Talk about the irresistable force meets the immoveable object, you'd have 2 of the biggest chokers in the history of big football games going head to head in Peyton Manning and Marty Schottenheimer.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
Whoever goes to the Super Bowl from the NFC is going to get ROLLED by the AFC winner. Although it's interesting, I think the AFC Title game will end up being Indy vs. San Diego. Talk about the irresistable force meets the immoveable object, you'd have 2 of the biggest chokers in the history of big football games going head to head in Peyton Manning and Marty Schottenheimer.

I don't see either lasting past divisional play.

Baltimore-New England

I could see San Diego making it...I really would be surprised if the Colts won a game.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
I don't see either lasting past divisional play.

Baltimore-New England

I could see San Diego making it...I really would be surprised if the Colts won a game.

I agree on Indy to be honest, but San Diego is not going to get beat at home. They are unreal, and now with Merriman back, I don't know if they will lose again.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
Baltimore reminds me of the 2001 Bears. Everytime I watch them I wonder how they manage to win anything. They're good but not great.

I expect San Diego to win the AFC. The Bears to win the AFC. The Cowboys? Ha.

So are you comparing Steve McNair to Jim Miller, and Brian Billick to Dick Jauron?

The defenses are similar, but those are the two key seperating differences in my mind.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
I really dont think much of Brian Billick.... he is an offensive coach and how good has baltimore been offensively since he has been there? Dont really give him 2 much credit for that defense.....

Since being fired on October 17, the Ravens have scored 24 points or more in every game except their game last week against Cincinnati. I'd say that's pretty solid.

And since he's been in Baltimore, the defense has been ridiculously good. Why would you not give him credit for the defense? I'm sure he's had help constructing it, as pretty much every coach in the NFL does get help.

now you Steve McNair is a huge upgrade over Jim Miller lol.

:huh:

Have you ever bothered to look at numbers?

McNair's had a completion percentage of over 60% in 7 straight seasons, and has had 5 years in his career when he was not a 10+ game winner(his first two years in Tennessee, his last two years in Tennessee, and then 1 year in between it all where they went 7-9). Career record of 86-60(taking out 3 wins and 5 losses from the 2004 season when he played 8 games)...that's a hell of a lot more than Jim Miller can say.

His stats don't look like much, but he is a winning QB, and I'll take that over Jim Miller's one decent year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
Jake Delhomme has ligament damage in his thumb and is listed as questionable for this weekend's game (but ESPN says they don't expect him to play). He injured the thumb in the first quarter of the game Monday night but played through it.

I'm sure he won't be slapping his butt at the line of scrimmage to indicate a fade route to Keyshawn next time as well. :D

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
Since being fired on October 17, the Ravens have scored 24 points or more in every game except their game last week against Cincinnati. I'd say that's pretty solid.

And since he's been in Baltimore, the defense has been ridiculously good. Why would you not give him credit for the defense? I'm sure he's had help constructing it, as pretty much every coach in the NFL does get help.

:huh:

Have you ever bothered to look at numbers?

McNair's had a completion percentage of over 60% in 7 straight seasons, and has had 5 years in his career when he was not a 10+ game winner(his first two years in Tennessee, his last two years in Tennessee, and then 1 year in between it all where they went 7-9). Career record of 86-60(taking out 3 wins and 5 losses from the 2004 season when he played 8 games)...that's a hell of a lot more than Jim Miller can say.

His stats don't look like much, but he is a winning QB, and I'll take that over Jim Miller's one decent year.

Ok in my post I said Mcnair is a huge upgrade over Miller so dont know where thats coming from. And as for Billick Im sure he has helped a little with the defense but he is an offensive coach so im betting the D-Coordinator has much more to do with it than he does. Just like with Lovie I credit our offense more to Turner than I do him.

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Ok in my post I said Mcnair is a huge upgrade over Miller so dont know where thats coming from. And as for Billick Im sure he has helped a little with the defense but he is an offensive coach so im betting the D-Coordinator has much more to do with it than he does. Just like with Lovie I credit our offense more to Turner than I do him.

k, wasn't sure what you meant by the McNair comment. Good to have that cleared up. I didn't think anybody was dumb enough to think that Miller was an upgrade over McNair, but I like stating the obvious anyways.

Also, I would trust the braintrust of Billick and Newsome over almost any others in the NFL. Those two can construct a great football team. I'd almost say it has more to do with Newsome than anything else, because the rest just trickles down from him.