Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
If the Cowboys win tonight, then I think it pretty much cements that the Cowboys and the Chargers are playing head and shoulders above everyone else in the NFL right now.

Seriously, Bears fans ought to be cheering on the Saints tonight.

Cowboys are for real but they would have a b**** of a time against our defense. To say they are "head and shoulders above everyone else" isin't exactly accurate.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
And 1 more thing...J...E...T...S... JETS TAKE THAT! Just a couple more players on the Bills...and I believe they have a ton of cap space next offseason.

hail yes

The Bills aren't even completely done this year, and they are looking so good for next year.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Because....we...the Bears...I mean...you see...Dallas...Saints...um....I give up. I don't get it either.

I think it's fairly simple, and it's a matter of momentum. Right now, Dallas feels like they're on top of the world. If they ride that to the playoffs, while the Bears sit around debating whether Grossman is ok with 3 INT's per game, then Dallas is going to come into Chicago and find the Bears not ready, and they'll blow apart the Bears offense enough to win that game.

And I think everyone would probably prefer the Saints get the Bye rather than the Cowboys right now for that matter too.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
I think it's fairly simple, and it's a matter of momentum. Right now, Dallas feels like they're on top of the world. If they ride that to the playoffs, while the Bears sit around debating whether Grossman is ok with 3 INT's per game, then Dallas is going to come into Chicago and find the Bears not ready, and they'll blow apart the Bears offense enough to win that game.

And I think everyone would probably prefer the Saints get the Bye rather than the Cowboys right now for that matter too.

Sure Romo has had a little hot streak but Dallas aint the world beaters everybody is making them out to be. Dallas comes to Chicago in January and they're gonna get beat. The only thing that scares me is if the Bears get all overconfident like they did in the week leading up to the Carolina game in last seasons playoffs.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
I'd laugh, I highly doubt that happens though.

I wouldn't put it past them with their history of one and done playoff appearances but I dont think thats gonna happen this year, especially if Grossman pulls his head out of his ass and starts playing some ball these last few weeks.

Woah, this can't be correct. Tony Romo and the best team in the NFC -- probably in the NFL, probably ever -- are losing to the Saints? To the Saints?

That's funny... Bears lose by four to a top four AFC team and are pretty much guaranteed to lose to Dallas in the first round. I wonder what that says if Dallas loses gets destroyed by an NFC team that probably isn't even in the top three of their conference.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Woah, this can't be correct. Tony Romo and the best team in the NFC -- probably in the NFL, probably ever -- are losing to the Saints? To the Saints?

That's funny... Bears lose by four to a top four AFC team and are pretty much guaranteed to lose to Dallas in the first round. I wonder what that says if Dallas loses gets destroyed by an NFC team that probably isn't even in the top three of their conference.

The Saints are good and Reggie Bush is starting to look freakin awesome.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)

New Orleans is a top 3 team in the NFC. With how explosive their offense is, I don't know how you couldn't say they are.

They'd get destroyed by an AFC team, due to how poor their defense is, but when their offense is clicking - like it pretty much has all year - they are a top 3 NFC team. That offense is just so.friggin.fast. I think Deuce is probably the slowest player they have, and he's the starting running back.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
New Orleans is a top 3 team in the NFC. With how explosive their offense is, I don't know how you couldn't say they are.

They'd get destroyed by an AFC team, due to how poor their defense is, but when their offense is clicking - like it pretty much has all year - they are a top 3 NFC team. That offense is just so.friggin.fast. I think Deuce is probably the slowest player they have, and he's the starting running back.

Yeah, I figured Dallas-Chicago as the clear top two, with the third spot more or less up for grabs, although if New Orleans pulls this one out, I'd probably put them third (maybe even second).

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
How about this one...

Tony Romo is NOT God.

Tony Romo is like Biz Markie. A one hit wonder.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
I would put Seattle 2nd in the NFC, maybe it's just me.

As I have specific questions about both Dallas and New Orleans

With a healthy Alexander and Hasselbeck. No question.

Sean Payton=Coach of the Year

I'm seeing

1. Chicago

2. Seattle

3. New Orleans

4. Dallas

Chicago's D is unreal...they can have bad games and still be outstanding defensively. When they are playing well, you're lucky to get into double digits.

Seattle is finally healthy, and assuming they stay healthy, they easily have the second best offense in the NFC in terms of talent...Hasselback is a top 10 QB, Alexander is a top 3 back (I figure LdT, LJ, and Alexander), and then they have quite a few good receivers too, to go along with a pretty damn good OLine. And I have them above New Orleans in the rankings because they have a respectable defense, so they aren't involved in like 38-34 shootouts.

New Orleans is next because their offense is so ridiculously good. Brees is a top 5 QB - probably is 5 - and he has about 14 different receivers he can throw to, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. Deuce and Bush are great in the backfield together too, because they compliment each other so well. Their defense is, however, horrendous, so basically if the offense has a bad half, they'll be playing some crazy catch up.

Dallas has been playing well recently, but Romo is inconsistent as hell. Given, he's a hell of a lot better than Bledsoe, but just because he can move around, and because he's had two great games doesn't mean he is a proven starter in the NFL. He's going to be inconsistent, as seen by tonight's game, and by last week's game against the Giants. Also, Jones and Barber are solid in the backfield, but are nowhere near Alexander or Bush/McAllister, and their receivers aren't nearly what Seattle's or New Orleans are either (though that is also due in part because of the QB). And the defense, while good, seems to be a bit overrated. From what I can tell, they can stop the run pretty well, but their secondary seems a little weak, and if they face a team like New Orleans or Seattle, they'll be in trouble. They're also in trouble against Chicago if Romo isn't picking up on the blitzes well and Grossman's having a decent day.