Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 24, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
How in the world do the Colts find a way to lose to the Texans?

CAUSE THEY'RE........................

OVERRRRRRRRRR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED CLAP......CLAP........CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

OVERRRRRRRRRR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED CLAP......CLAP........CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

I LOLed at the Colts / Texans game. The Colts are backing into the playoffs in full reverse right now and looks like they may have to play on Wild Card weekend the way things are going.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
I'm glad to see the Cowboys getting their asses handed to them not just because they're a mediocre team that's been getting a ridiculous amount of media love but because Garcia's a class act and it's nice to see his team beat T.O.'s.

The Romo lovefest was getting very tired. And yes, the Cowboys get way too much media love for a team that's won one playoff game since 1995.

The Eagles are lookin' real good right now. I definitely don't want to play them at the moment.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
The Romo lovefest was getting very tired. And yes, the Cowboys get way too much media love for a team that's won one playoff game since 1995.

The Eagles are lookin' real good right now. I definitely don't want to play them at the moment.

Not bad considering they won the 1996 SB. :D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
I'm glad to see the Cowboys getting their asses handed to them not just because they're a mediocre team that's been getting a ridiculous amount of media love but because Garcia's a class act and it's nice to see his team beat T.O.'s.

But, but, but, they have the leagues "best" front 7!!!!!!

Well just a terrible performance today in probably the most important game of the season for us.

Couldn't establish the run against one of the worst run defences in the league, can't generate a pass rush, and Romo made some bad mistakes with those 2 INT's trying to find something deep.

We're a young team so we're only going to improve, but we need upgrades still on both sides of the ball.

And there's talk TO won't be back next season.

I cant really put my finger on it as to why,but i truly dislike Romo.He seems like such an ass.Maybe because the media has christened him as the next Troy Aikman and he has only won 6 games.He really has believed the hype about himself too.

QUOTE(shipps @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 04:33 AM)
I cant really put my finger on it as to why,but i truly dislike Romo.He seems like such an ass.Maybe because the media has christened him as the next Troy Aikman and he has only won 6 games.He really has believed the hype about himself too.

I think you're right on both aspects. He believed the hype on himself, and still does, and it's hurting the team. There's no reason for a quasi-rookie QB to be hanging around with Carrie Underwood and other nearly-washed-up celebrities before a big football game, especially when he hasn't been playing well recently. Focus on the damn game kid.

That team has gone from being thrilled to being on the verge of tearing itself apart in all of 3 weeks or so. Both Owens and Glenn are complaining this morning. Its looking ugly for them.

in general i think there's been a double-standard in the way the national media has judged quarterbacks this year. guys like eli manning, roethlisberger, rivers, and romo have been absolutely awful at times. yet it seems that commentators have gone out of their way to line up excuses for these guys. on the flipside, a guy like grossman has been hammered every time he's played poorly.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
But, but, but, they have the leagues "best" front 7!!!!!!

Yeah, they had the best until Ellis got hurt, the Bears were 2nd until Harris got hurt. The exposition of both will come in the playoffs though. Take the Saints/Eagles as the NFC Super Bowl rep to the bank.

Oh, and Madden doing the game Sunday with Brett Favre=hurls.