Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)
Some of that may very well be the Bears defense simply knowing that they didn't need to win any more for the last few weeks of the year. Combine that with injuries, and the defense could look a lot worse than it really is.

This is true. While Tony is right in that the D hasn't been intimidating, guys who shouldn't be out there have been playing significant downs, most notably Devin Hester. I appreciate his Special Teams powress, but the guy can't cover. I can't remember the last time I saw Tillman, Vasher, and Manning Jr all on the field 100% healthy. None of them are true shutdown corners, but all three are good #2-3s.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahah f*** yes!!!

Indy's defense was f***ing money all day. Peyton owes this team a game next week, because he's tried to give away two.

If you told Baltimore that they were going to hold Indy to 15 points, they would've been thinking about plans for the AFC Championship. Insane.

And I love Vinateiri; that was such a huge get for us this offseason.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
Me too.

As I want the Colts to have to beat their nemesis on the way to the Super Bowl (if they ever get there), plus Indy's at home if New England wins tomorrow.

Yeah, your team has two more wins before they can be champions, only halfway there.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
Yeah, your team has two more wins before they can be champions, only halfway there.

I'm not talking about the championship. I'm just saying I want the Colts to have to beat New England in the playoffs before they win a Super Bowl.

Regardless, Indy's going to have a ridiculous time winning next week.

Keep this up D.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
If Manning can put up these numbers in the playoffs and win, why cant Rex??

Because Peyton Manning is ten times the quarterback Grossman is.

Oh, sorry.

Because Manning has a better team around him, offensively, than Grossman.

And, well, Manning hasn't exactly faced heavyweights.

I was never impressed by the Ravens.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:47 PM)
Because Peyton Manning is ten times the quarterback Grossman is.

Oh, sorry.

Because Manning has a better team around him, offensively, than Grossman.

And, well, Manning hasn't exactly faced heavyweights.

I was never impressed by the Ravens.

Doesn't matter if he's 20 times the QB Grossman is...15/30, 170 yards, 2 INT's, 0 TD's, coming after a 3 INT game last week, those aren't good lines, and yet the Colts are still winning. In other words, their defense is playing ball, which is exactly what the Bears need to do tomorrow.

And if you're going to cut down what the Colts have done by saying they haven't faced heavyweights, I'd say they've faced better teams than anyone the Bears will have to face except maybe the Saints.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
For those of us sitting in windowless basement offices for the past 10 hours monitoring PBP online, what's the wow for?

Saints had the ball with about 4 minutes left, ran a pitch to Reggie and it was fumbled. Eagles jumped on it.

Eagles in trouble though now, 4th and 15.

Eagles punt it away, 1:48 left, Saints ball.

First down Saints. Barring something insane happening, game over.

Edited by Rowand44