Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is still a pathetic, brutal, awful choker, he looked like Rex today. But damn, that defense is on a mission. And wtf is Andy Reid doing punting there? That was maybe the dumbest late game decision since taking the wind.

And as great as the Colts were on defense, hopefully this game also helps people realize what Steve McNair and Jamal Lewis are: washed up and bad.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
The thing about the Bears QB situation is this -- what makes Griese so much better? Did that guy (quoted above) not watch the Green Bay game? Griese's two INTs were just as bad as Grossman's.

I also think more of the problem lies with Turner. Turner isn't as bad as I make him out to be, but why is this team never in the shotgun? You have a 5"9 (or whatever it is) QB who is pretty immobile and you're going to have him run five-step drops on every pass play? Is there a reason for this? Is Kruetz not comfortable with the shotgun snap?

So, I think there wouldn't be a huge difference in Griese vs Grossman. Ultimately it will come down to the gameplan. The Bears need to get a lead (even if it's a FG lead) early so they can pound the ball 35 times with Thomic Jenson (preferablly more Benson).

If this turns out to be a high scoring affair -- ie if the defense doesn't show up again -- then we're probably looking at one-and-done for the second year in a row.

They've said it's due to Rex's awesome ability to run play action, and they don't want to ever eliminate that option by taking a shotgun snap. Right or wrong, that's just what i've heard numerous times.

I'm fairly nervous about this afternoon's game. However you may compare/contrast Seattle and Chicago across various categories, with today's weather forcast as a mixture of rain and snow, the best team may not win. Field conditions could dictate this game, and that worries me.

In particular, I'm weary of how our defensive backs will fare in pass coverage. Manning/Tillman can't slip, even once. Even though the Steve Smith threat isn't present for Hasselback, the last few games of the seasons I've seen far too many receivers left open down the middle of the field.

Additionally, if the winds howling and the ground is loosening up, I can't forsee Turner implimenting a game-plan where Grossman throws more than 15 passes. So, now it's all up to Benson/Jones. Hell, it'd still be their game even if the weather conditions were perfect. Difference now is the threat of Grossman (however little you may perceive it) is lessened further. It'd become a repeat of what Indianapolis did to Kansas City -- crowd the line because the opposing quarterback can't beat you.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

What the f*** is going on? Why exactly were we attempting a punt? What has our defense shown within these last few quarters that convinces anyone they can stop Seattle?

And at the risk of sounding like a crazed superfan, what Berrian did is enough to get thrown out of town if we lose. Completely inexcusable.