Official NFL Thread

He did wish him luck, he did congratulate him. Unless Peyton Manning is lying, but I don't really see why Manning would lie.

Perhaps they had already made rounds and Belichick and Manning had already crossed paths and just acknowleged eachother and that was that.

Nobody really knows, so I try and go by what is the most logical. If Peyton Manning said one thing, I'm not going to believe Joe Schmo from an online message board, I'm going to believe Peyton Manning.

It also just goes how to show how much Manning respects LtD's reaction or how little I should say.

Good game, good win. The Patriots didn't play well at all, even in the first half when they had the lead. I had set it in stone all week that I thought they'd be able to move the ball on the ground, it being indoors and all, but that wasn't the case. Dropped passes, Brady Didn't play all that well, the O-Line was suspect, the defense looked awful and tired at times.

I'm not going to blame it on the flu that these guys have been dealing with all week, but defensively the Patriots were just tired and lethargic all darn day.

It's too bad. I guess I'll be pulling for the Bears now, for all my friends sake.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peyton won with class. He didnt call out the coach. Yet of course I didnt say something pro-Boston or pro-New England so I guess it must be wrong. Forget the video that I attached, I must of used some sort of video editing program just to malign the character of the great city of Boston and their wonderful franchises.

You made an irrelevant post that contained a pointless video that illustrated absolutely jack s***. That is all.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can go back and watch it with your own eyes if you dont believe me. I have no reason to lie as I dont care either way, and I know what I saw because I remarked about it immediately.

The game was over, Dungy and Belicheck met in the middle of the field, Manning is waiting outside of the group of reporters. Once Dungy and Beliechek stop talking Manning immediately goes to Belicheck. Belichek does not even raise his head in acknowledgement.

::shrugs::

So as for "nobody really knows" your right, no one knows what happened after the field. But I do know what happened prior because I was actually watching the game, and watched manning/belicheck from the minute the game ended because I wanted to see what would happen.

Maybe Belicheck congratulated Manning before the game ended?

I dont know, but I do know what I saw. So you can believe me, or you can believe whatever you want.

Wont make any difference in my day.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
I mean absolutely no offense to Colts fans here, but anyone who actually thought the Patriots might lose to Indy was crazy. They never had a chance, no matter what the circumstances. This s***'s like clockwork. New England and Indianapolis meet in the playoffs, Peyton Manning sucks, strange plays go in favor of the Patriots, and the Colts inevitably lose.

LMFAO! Post of the year, so far. :D

In the end, it was the patriots lack of a comittment to the run (or ability to run) in the 2nd half that beat them. It meant there defense was out on the field way too long and against Peyton Manning thats a real bad thing (because from every interview I've ever heard, there is nothing more exhausting than playing defense against Manning with the zillions of audibles and adjustments he makes at the line).

I must admit, my respect for Manning has grown a lot (and this is coming from his #1 hater).

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you can go back and watch it with your own eyes if you dont believe me. I have no reason to lie as I dont care either way, and I know what I saw because I remarked about it immediately.

The game was over, Dungy and Belicheck met in the middle of the field, Manning is waiting outside of the group of reporters. Once Dungy and Beliechek stop talking Manning immediately goes to Belicheck. Belichek does not even raise his head in acknowledgement.

So as for "nobody really knows" your right, no one knows what happened after the field. But I do know what happened prior because I was actually watching the game, and watched manning/belicheck from the minute the game ended because I wanted to see what would happen.

I dont know, but I do know what I saw. So you can believe me, or you can believe whatever you want.

I watched every second of the game, infact I didn't even drink this week so I faced no distractions. We were watching the same game, you interpret it one way, I interpret it another way. Won't make any difference in my day either. Good talk, I'll see you out there.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)

I agree, we can only go by what happened. I have on idea why Bellicheck didn't say anything to Manning at the time. All I know is at somepoint he must have said something becuase Manning commented on the class of the Patriots in the post game interviews. Maybe Belliceck was focused on talking to his guys and than going over and talking to Manning (one on one without the media in his face because its quite evident Belliceck haates the media).

But somewhere and at some point the Pats obviously did something to garner Mannings comments. He didn't have to say anything about the Pats but he did and he said nice things (had they not congratulated him he could have just ocntinued to talk about the game making no mention of it so I see no reason why he would lie).

I'm not about to say Belly is as classy as Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy (I don't think any coach could be more classy than those two) but lets not forget we have a mgr in Chicago (Ozzie) whose not exactly known for his class (that said I don't consider Ozzie an ahole, its just somehow he comes off the wrong way or is focused on other things) and I'm not about to say Belly has no class (because I don't think anyone with absolutely no class can succeed).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the end, it was the patriots lack of a comittment to the run (or ability to run) in the 2nd half that beat them. It meant there defense was out on the field way too long and against Peyton Manning thats a real bad thing (because from every interview I've ever heard, there is nothing more exhausting than playing defense against Manning with the zillions of audibles and adjustments he makes at the line).

I must admit, my respect for Manning has grown a lot (and this is coming from his #1 hater).

Excellent point. It seemed like the game plan all week was going to be to run the football. With a lead as big as the one they had, it shouldn't have even been a question of keeping the ball on the ground. Belichick might have very well been outcoached in this match, it makes sense, he's not a classy guy.]

As for Manning, I agree. I really wasn't going to have any thought about rooting for the Bears in two weeks, but with how he played yesterday, his comments prior to and following the game. He's been a class act in these playoffs and he's played like the best quarterback in football should play, playoffs or not.

Some patriots players did congratulate and talk to Manning after the game.

I was specifically saying Belicheck did not.

REdandwhite seems to disagree and say that Belicheck did congratulate manning right after Dungy and Belicheck spoke.

We must have had different feeds in Chicago. But whatever the case, Manning went up to Belicheck and Belicheck did not have the time of day for Manning.

I cant imagine Lovie, Dungy, Sean Payton, doing the same type of thing.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
Some patriots players did congratulate and talk to Manning after the game.

I was specifically saying Belicheck did not.

REdandwhite seems to disagree and say that Belicheck did congratulate manning right after Dungy and Belicheck spoke.

We must have had different feeds in Chicago. But whatever the case, Manning went up to Belicheck and Belicheck did not have the time of day for Manning.

I cant imagine Lovie, Dungy, Sean Payton, doing the same type of thing.

I didn't see any feed of the two of them talking. I just know Manning (in one of his post game interviews) talked about how Brady, Belliceck, Bruschi and a few other guys congratulated him about the game and how classy the Patriots organization was. He specifically said Bellicecks name.

I never specified where Belichick congratulated Manning, the fact of the matter is that Manning stated, very clearly might I add, that Belichick had congratulated him and that he respected the Patriots class after the game.

Like I said, maybe Manning is a liar. That makes sense? Right?

My guess is that Manning didnt want to be a dick and say:

"I tried to talk to Belicheck and he stood me up."

Especially after all the hits LT took for saying what he did about the Pats. Also he probably realized people saw what happened on the field and if he didnt mention Belicheck by name they would write whatever they want.

Im not saying Manning is a liar, Im just saying I saw what happened and I feel that Manning is trying to be better than others by not b****ing about Belicheck.

What would he gain?

If anything it would take away from his moment, why should he stoop to Belicheck's petty bulls***?

Edited by Soxbadger

WH and I were talking about this last night...

The White Sox are definitely my favorite team by far, and then come the Hoosiers, a very close third is the Colts, followed by the Pacers.

It's weird though, the whole time the Sox were in the playoffs and everything, nothing felt real. I never really could grasp it for what it was for some reason.

However, when the Colts won last night, I got it immediately. It felt real, and everything. I'm having trouble putting this thought into words, but point is, it's weird, I feel like I'm enjoying this more than I did the WS.

If he was concerned about his image, Manning would've gone about with the questions he was being asked and wouldn't have gone out of his way to mention how respectful and classy the Patriots were.

Congrats, Greasy. I've been to four Super Bowls in my life, winning three. I'll let you have your fun this year. Ha.

Wow, the Parcells decision totally took me by suprise. Everything that he's done over the past few weeks since the loss to Seattle tended to point to him coming back next season.

Puts us behind the 8 ball now, with teams quickly filling up their head coaching spots.

Wade Phillips from San Diego is probably the favorite. Not a sexy name, but Jones is apparently a fan, and he plays the 3-4 defense.

2 guys that I would love to have are Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher. Doubtful either of them will come though. A wildcard could maybe be Charlie Weis?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
WH and I were talking about this last night...

The White Sox are definitely my favorite team by far, and then come the Hoosiers, a very close third is the Colts, followed by the Pacers.

It's weird though, the whole time the Sox were in the playoffs and everything, nothing felt real. I never really could grasp it for what it was for some reason.

However, when the Colts won last night, I got it immediately. It felt real, and everything. I'm having trouble putting this thought into words, but point is, it's weird, I feel like I'm enjoying this more than I did the WS.

I feel the exact same way with the Sox and Bears it's really hard to explain but it felt like I drifted through the Sox' playoffs in a haze not really grasping the importance of each series but with the Bears it's pretty damn clear cut.

What's mind boggling to me is that some Bears fans are extremely concerned with what Bill Belichick is doing when there team just made it to the Super Bowl and won the NFC.

It made me proud to live in Chicago to see what seemed like half the crowd raise there arms in the air and do the safety sign in yesterdays game. People were aware, people knew it. I find it hard to believe that these educated, respectable Bears fans woke up this morning, rolled out of bed, and got all pissy about the way Bill Belichick walked off the field.

The Cubs board is only a click away, Irish.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
What's mind boggling to me is that some Bears fans are extremely concerned with what Bill Belichick is doing when there team just made it to the Super Bowl and won the NFC.

It made me proud to live in Chicago to see what seemed like half the crowd raise there arms in the air and do the safety sign in yesterdays game. People were aware, people knew it. I find it hard to believe that these educated, respectable Bears fans woke up this morning, rolled out of bed, and got all pissy about the way Bill Belichick walked off the field.

He's a Cubs fan because he thinks Bellichick wasn't classy and respectful in defeat?

That's a bit of a stretch.

And it is possible for fans to think about two separate topics. I was celebrating the White Sox World Series victory, and shortly thereafter I talked about how big of a f***ing assclown Phil Garner was throwing his team under the bus after game 3 and how much it truly did affect his team.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)

Bear fans in general couldn't careless about Belichick right now. But people on this site are more than just fans of one team they are fans of the NFL in general and the Patriots being one of the best teams in recent years they are going to be in the spotlight. And its pretty clear on video and numerous times this season Belichick has looked like an asshat. Every other coach in the NFL would of shook Manning's hand right there but since Belichick didnt its because his emotions were high? I guarantee 100% Manning would of been out there shaking Brady/Belichick's hand if the Pats won and same thing with Dungy.

Nobody is doubting the fact he is a great coach, definitely can make a very solid case even the best head coach in all of sports right now, but give it a rest trying to defend him for his lack of class. Its pretty simple... he is an asshole, get over it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bear fans in general can careless about Belichick right now. But people on this site are more than just fans of one team they are fans of the NFL in general and the Patriots being one of the best teams in recent years they are going to be in the spotlight. And its pretty clear on video and numerous times this season Belichick has looked like an asshat. Every other coach in the NFL would of shook Manning's hand right there but since Belichick didnt its because his emotions were high? I guarantee 100% Manning would of been out there shaking Brady/Belichick's hand if the Pats won and same thing with Dungy.

Nobody is doubting the fact he is a great coach, definitely can make a very solid case even the best head coach in all of sports right now, but give it a rest trying to defend him for his lack of class. Its pretty simple... he is an asshole, get over it.

He's an asshole because he's one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. That jealousy comes with success, I understand that, but you guys are looking too much into something that really wasn't that big of a deal. He hugged Dungy and left the field. That's what coaches do. Nothing more should be taken from this.

Edit: Atleast in my opinion.

Edited by redandwhite