Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
It made me proud to live in Chicago

Are you really? I mean, 2004 World Series Champs in your avatar, BC in your sig, on a white sox board constantly talking about Boston area teams?

Im just sayin......

Manning did say that the patriots were classy and i saw bruschi go up to him and talk to him, with Peyton getting visibly emotional afterwards. I know Manning said something about the offensive coordinator (i think) and the Patriots owner or GM coming up to him, I cant recall anything about Bellichick. Of course his interview after the game was typical mumbles and grumbles, but he DID lose the game and he has somewhat of a right to be upset especially with how competitive he is. I dont fault him for that at all. In fact I napped through most of that game, it, nor the players in it really concerned me, especially the losing team. If the Bears were golfing against them in a scramble next week, maybe I would be concerned, but they are done and we are in the Super Bowl.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FWIW, they did mention it on Mike and Mike this morning. And it seems it's been a topic of all the afternoon shows on ESPN so far. I haven't seen an episode of SC since the Colts game ended, so I don't know what they're making of it.

Yea, ESPN has made it a topic on all of the afternoon shows thus far. The Around the Horn gang dismissed it, I wonder what the PTI group will say, not that I really care, it'll just workout like that as i'm getting ready to go to the srsc.

Instead of saying "some bears fans" either point out if your talking about me or not.

Because Ill be glad to explain why I posted, and Ill be glad if you are to afraid to call me out directly to go on my merry way.

And your right, I dont care about Belicheck or his b**** antics. I do care about the quality of posts on this board. So if I see something that I think I saw differently, then I am going to point it out, and I am going to give my opinion.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
So you were right in saying just us grumpy ignorant Bears fans were the only ones who saw Belichek (sp?) slight Manning after the game.

:stick

I dont know how we could be grumpy at all. I mean maybe the hangover from drinking too much when our team actually won the chance to play in the superbowl, maybe not blowing a lead and folding on the last drive. but who knows?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:11 AM)
I dont know how we could be grumpy at all. I mean maybe the hangover from drinking too much when our team actually won the chance to play in the superbowl, maybe not blowing a lead and folding on the last drive. but who knows?

I really don't have a problem with Belichick. The guy just wins, sometimes with teams that are banged up all over the place. He falls into the Barry Bonds category for me (disregarding the steroid stuff); even if he is a major ass, he helps your team win games, and honestly, that's what they're paid to do.

But -- I don't know how you could watch that video (I saw it live and thought the same thing as I'm saying now) and think that Belichick was very friendly to Peyton there. I also heard the interview with Manning after the game, and while Belichick was mentioned, he was one of the last ones mentioned, in an almost 'might-as-well-put-him-in-there' type of manner. I don't believe for a second that Manning puts a guy like Teddy Bruschi and Belichick on the same 'respect' level.

I also hate reading into quotes, even though I sort of hinted at that above. I'm just saying that Belichick could have been a little more 'cordial' to Manning immediately after the game on the field.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)

I have a friend here at NIU that grew up in Indiana, and she actually met Reggie a few times....he was just in the area I guess during the summer and actually played basketball with them a few times. I never liked him much as a Bulls rival, but I always respected his game and he's obviously a great person.

And btw....this sucks. I have nothing against the state of Indiana, the Colts, Tony Dungy, former NIU OT Ryan Diem, former Illini Aaron Moorehead and Kelvin Hayden, I'm a big Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, and Joseph Addai fan, and now that he won the big one....Peyton Manning. I really can't build up hate for this game, as the Colts team is one of the classier ones in sports.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 09:02 AM)
And btw....this sucks. I have nothing against the state of Indiana, the Colts, Tony Dungy, former NIU OT Ryan Diem, former Illini Aaron Moorehead and Kelvin Hayden, I'm a big Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, and Joseph Addai fan, and now that he won the big one....Peyton Manning. I really can't build up hate for this game, as the Colts team is one of the classier ones in sports.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have always liked Peyton, and I like the other players like Sanders, Wayne, and Diem. I have always said if the Bears don't win the Superbowl, I want Indy to win it.

On Inside the NFL, Costas was talking about how Belichick should be more gracious and criticized him for blowing past Manning. It's the kind of thing that makes me roll my eyes. He shook his hand and patted him on the chest. Should he have given him a little kiss on his abnormally large forehead, too?

Read an article today arguing that the Patriots owe Brady real receivers next year. Can't say I disagree. Reche Caldwell, ha.

--

Outside of that, I must say I'm thrilled about the Bears-Colts game. I hope the Bears rip the Colts apart. I just hope Lovie and Turner have a better gameplan than Herm Edwards did. Obviously, the Bears must run the ball, and I think we saw the Colts D come back to Earth. But they've got to mix it up well, pass and run and stuff, or else we'll wind up like the Chiefs.

Looks to me like he shook off-camera. Manning's back covers a lot. But I see his hand coming in and Manning's is in, and then he pulls out and pats him on the stomach. Maybe that's a faulty interpretation, although I must say, even if Belichick didn't shake his hand, I don't care. Everyone gets caught up at times, and I think he's entitled a little prickliness. I think everyone is, really.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
Looks to me like he shook off-camera. Manning's back covers a lot. But I see his hand coming in and Manning's is in, and then he pulls out and pats him on the stomach. Maybe that's a faulty interpretation, although I must say, even if Belichick didn't shake his hand, I don't care. Everyone gets caught up at times, and I think he's entitled a little prickliness. I think everyone is, really.

Unless, of course, that person is Peyton Manning

I could give less than two s***s what Belichick does. He's not my coach.